valcore

Marine Corps Jumpers

Just wondering if there are any Marine Corps jumpers out there and where your from. Also if there are any "All Marine" Relative work teams?

Hurah Semper Fi

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Val,

There are quite a few Marine sport jumpers. At least 8 that I know of at Cross Keys. Also met some at Atlanta's dz.
No Marine teams that I know of, but you never know.

Semper Fi

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Do ex-Marines count? Probably not. I know what you mean, I was in the Corps for 6 years and would have loved to be on an all-Marine team. I made quite a few jumps into that little landing area at Quantico, VA. Of course, we jumped from Hueys and that made spotting easier.

Semper Fi to ya!

Ed Lightle
D-5966
Former Marine Corps SSgt

Hey there are no ex-Marines and yea I was thinking about trying to get an all marine jump team together once I get a little more experience. Maybe next year. Any Marines looking?

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Hey there are no ex-Marines and yea I was thinking about trying to get an all marine jump team together once I get a little more experience. Maybe next year. Any Marines looking?

Always!

Semper Fi
Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I would never mind to jump with someone, even if your not active anymore. I probably won't look for any team stuff untill I get at least 100 jump and some wind tunnel time. And even then it would just be for fun and not real serious competition stuff yet.

Ahhh ... the Leathernecks show themselves! I served from 1985-1989 (and a brief spot in 1990). The Corps threw me out of my first airplane in 1986 (courtesy of the dang Army) and I have been at it ever since.

I haven't heard of any all-Marine teams (yet), but all Marines have several of the most important elements to make team successful.

If anyone is interested in getting such a team together, email me at [email protected] and I will serve as a central point for such jarheads to get in touch with one another.

Semper Fi!

Randy Connell
D-19133
Director, Mideast Skydiving League

PS - Ed, you should KNOW there is no such thing as an EX marine... I will slap you next time I see you! And good luck in VA!

1stSgt here. Currently active and jumping in the nationals. My team is currently in 1st Place in the 4 way intermediate class. Elsinore Equinox our pic is posted on http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2005/nats/index.htm
along with our score. There is Marine instructors at the Armys Military Freefall school as well. I was an instructor there for 2 years before I picked up the diamond and had to move.
Never forget where you came from.
Out