choll15

UK FS Nationals

The UK tea-drinking Nationals rolls into next week then!
Sunday afternoon was incredible once the clouds broke. Hats off to Hib for that incredible turn-round, and much respect to James for manifesting!

Weather holds kind of killed the atmosphere, but when it's rocking - the Nationals simply buzzes - nothing like it. Must remember to book the sun earlier for next year.

See you guys for Nationals part two!
www.southparc.co.uk

From http://www.skydiving.co.uk/Nationals1stAugust.htm:

1st August 17:00
Most of the judging has been caught up now. It is obvious that the reserve weekend will have to be used. This will affect many teams as they have no alternate and some members cannot make it. The 4-way will take priority over the 8-way as many people are on both teams.

Vicki

jumps yet to do - is it out of the whole pool that the redraw is made or the pool minus the blocks and randoms we've already seen in earlier rounds?

Anyone know?

They take the remaining rounds and mix only them up and redraw them.

If a block or random has already been done it will not be done in the remaining rounds.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Are we absolutely sure? This might be a minor difference but... is it
a) the blocks/randoms as drawn last week but not yet jumped - re-drawn

or is it

b) the full dive pool minus what has already been jumped - re-drawn.

Sorry to be a pedant.

Dru
Damn Zebra

Quote from Andy on NSL:

"Andy Scott sees even more trouble coming: "We are on another weather hold - it looks like we will be coming back for the second weekend with a re-draw for the incomplete rounds based on all unused formations from incomplete rounds in the mix. The judges are really far behind with round five nearly complete but meet jumps only judged up to round three. The 53-team turnout is biting...""

You can find it here: NSL News

I read it as your option 'b'....

Shame we lose sync with the NSL draw [:/]
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

a re-draw for the incomplete rounds based on all unused formations from incomplete rounds in the mix.

I read that as they are going to take the remaining rounds *to include* the tie breaker round and put them into a hat and repull them back out.

Makes me think "A".
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Despite the weather forcing the 4-way to roll-over into the second weekend, Hibaldstow coped very well with hosting 8-way, 4-way and artistics at the same time. A truely remarkable feat of organisation.

Exciting competition in all classes too. Congrats to Spank for the senior gold. The girls of Airkix had a blinder of a meet - pipped at the post, but very impressive in their 1st season together, with the Army picking up a well deserved gong in 3rd.

Helix rocked in the Inters under pressure from Mach 4 and Damn until the blistering last round made a few hearts flutter. 23 from Mach 4 - a new Inter record, I think?

In Juniors - a cliff hanger ending as FFU5 held their nerve after an exit from hell to do just enough to hold on to 1st and deny the girls from One Non Blonde.

Very encouraging to see the skill level just keep going up year after year across the board. UK FS is just getting better. Thanks all for a great meet - see you all next year.

Chris
www.southparc.co.uk

Yeah, the new draw surprised me too... I thought I was done flailing about on the back of block 8, but obviously not!!! And my team was very disappointed not to do Ritz-Pick :(

Cheers Hib and to everyone who made it up there for another fantastic Nationals!

Steph
-x-
(Ritz Pixies)