schwede

10 way Rumbleseat

Maybe up on the PErris site still? The rules changed this year.

No show exit.

1st point is the speed star, must be held for 5 seconds.

Bonus points were added this year. So after the star is built. You hold it for 5 seconds.

There is a bonus block at the end. Take off 3 seconds for the top of the block and 3 seconds for the close of the block. All this has to be done in 50 seconds of working time.
Dom

Maybe up on the PErris site still? The rules changed this year.

No show exit.

1st point is the speed star, must be held for 5 seconds.

Bonus points were added this year. So after the star is built. You hold it for 5 seconds.

There is a bonus block at the end. Take off 3 seconds for the top of the block and 3 seconds for the close of the block. All this has to be done in 50 seconds of working time.

The old rules were better. Single file exit, no show, no grips on exit, first 2 out were base pin. Time stopped when last jumper broke grips. One point for ever jumper in to break ties. And NO PROTESTS.

And if you ain't cheat'n you ain't try'n!:P
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

The old rules were better. Single file exit, no show, no grips on exit, first 2 out were base pin. Time stopped when last jumper broke grips. One point for ever jumper in to break ties. And NO PROTESTS.

The Star is still the main thing. Exit is the same. To be honest buliding a start and holding it is a bit boring Spark.

The Lodi Crew wasn't happy and after seeing the way they flew I know why. We had to make sure we beat them without the bonus seconds so they couldn't complain anymore then they did already.
Dom

We still had the no grips on exit and the first 2 being base pin.

I agree with dgskydive though, just building a star tends to be a bit boring - it's nice to have a block to turn on the bottom end.

10 way out of a D-18 or even a DC-3 with "Rumble Seat" rules was never boring.;)

Sparky

Let me clarify boring. After the excitment and rush of building the star, I need something else to for the rest of the skydive.

Don't get me wrong I like 10 way, I just don't like burning up altitude after the star is done. Hell ya worked hard to build it quick. Might as well do something with the time left, other then stare a the likes of you across the formation! :P
Dom

Start at 5,000a feet.B|

Sparky

Thanks for the laugh, Sparky. :D

btw, 5,000' just might be all we get (altitude-wise) with all these frikin clouds we have here these days! :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Start at 5,000a feet.B|

Sparky

btw, 5,000' just might be all we get (altitude-wise) with all these frikin clouds we have here these days! :P

5000' is enough for a 10 second completion and a safe breakoff. Take a look at the times from the last few nationals.

ltdiver

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Start at 5,000a feet.B|

Sparky

5000' is enough for a 10 second completion and a safe breakoff. Take a look at the times from the last few nationals.

ltdiver

In the mid 70's it was high enough to win the world meet. 18 sec. only puts you around 3,000 feet. Plenty of time, dock, turn. pull.:P

Sparky

You can't do this from 5k. 1st pic one of the bonus blocks from Rumble seat. I think this is the close of the block.

The second pic is from the same jump and below the formation. This was our 11 second round. Actually 17 but take off the 6 seconds for the entire block.
Dom

You can't do this from 5k. 1st pic one of the bonus blocks from Rumble seat. I think this is the close of the block.

The second pic is from the same jump and below the formation. This was our 11 second round. Actually 17 but take off the 6 seconds for the entire block.

I was answering Kallend and his post about the SDC teams doing plain-'ol 10-way (one point) at their Nationals.

Rumbleseat is a completely different animal... ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Great shots.

If you did it in 17, you would have plenty of time from 5,000.:S

Sparky

Not the same. I really liked the Elsinore meet. It had a lot of varity in it.

The Rumbleseat is more straight forward. No show exit and first two out the door are base pin. Meaning they must form a 2way before anyone else docks on them.
Up until this year it was all about the speed star. This year they added the bonus points like at the Snore.
Dom

Not the same. I really liked the Elsinore meet. It had a lot of varity in it.

Yes, I was so happily surprised that we were given the option to turn several interesting formation points! It was EXTREMELY enjoyable and a great learning experience for this newbie. :)
Thanks for answering the question, Dom! Your Rumbleseat Meet (that almost sounds kinky) sounds like it was fun, too!