bliston

What happened at Collegiate Nationals '04?

The draw was pretty challenging for the Aggie 4-way team, but then again those guys only have about 150 jumps.

The non-regs represented well, but of course an academy team with the free jumps and free training prevailed.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Air Force Ones flew well and took first. GT Fusion, from Georgia Tech, took second. Viscosity, a pick-up team, took third. There were about 6 points separating the top 3 teams, 8 points separating the top four (GT Airlock, the other Georgia Tech team, finished fourth). The draw was pretty quick. One round was a burner but no new records were set. There were a few collegiate big ways after the competition. Everyone did well and had a good time. I know I did.

Thanks for the replies. Glad people had a good time. I am still best friends with Aggies I met through collegiates years ago and have great memories of good competition, swoopin' the style camera, zoo-dive big ways, and scary 1st time crew with the crazies from Texas.

I hope civilian teams keep at it for 2005. US Nationals is a great place get more competition experience and get primed up for collegiates. I don't know tons, but I'd be happy to help out any collegiate teams who want to trek out to Perris in Sept. for free.

Good luck making it to classes this spring on sunny days, being back in grad school, I can relate to pain.

Take it easy, Don't be sleazy,

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

In 4-way, team Ground Prep (Ohio State) tied for 9th with just a tad over a 5pt avge. Experience was 110 jumps through 320 and they had nine practise jumps together. They worked very hard after club meetings doing random draws, dirt diving and creeping the sequence, hence the team name :)Alll in all a very fun meet.

Foggy
Team Ground Prep Waterboy

also had a great time with the OH crew at Tuesday's! Thanks for the company- good times. wish I would have caught more of you all at zhills....

what a fucking great week. i refuse to rejoin the real world quite yet so i am here posting instead of like.....going to work.

omar did NOT fracture his foot. although it did look incredibly bad. and omar is a tough muthafucka! we went to go see a move on the way home and he was insisting I not help him walk...but i know it had to hurt like hell, wow....ouch!

he's doin the RICE thing now and should be back to practice in february.