quade

Cool stuff happening at Perris

So, I don't know if anyone else noticed this at Nationals, but shortly after 4-way ended I saw Dan BC sitting by the pool with Lise Aune, Arianna de Benedetti, Eliana Rodriguez and Nina Kuebler. All of the women were "guests" at the Nationals except Eliana. All of the women are kick ass skydivers.

Now, I don't know about you guys and gals, but I have two minds when it comes to the female 4-way category at the world level. On the one hand, I think it's kind of unnecessary because the sport doesn't really have a lot to do with brute strength and females can skydive just as well as any guy. On the other hand, it has given some female skydivers some really good visibility and they do encourage women to compete in what is perceived as a male dominated sport and it has generated some publicity for the entire sport as well.

Anyway, how does this relate to what I saw by the pool after Nationals?

Well, turns out the four women and Dan BC want to see what happens if you take four of the best women skydivers in the world and put them together just to see what they can do. I don't think they can compete as a team at the international level because they've all been jumping for various countries, but they certainly can be a team to look up to and I'm pretty sure some folks are going to be very interested in their point averages.

What's really bitchin' about this is they're planning on being -very- open in their skydives and will also be giving coaching to others during their own training camp. I think Dan also mentioned that they were going to be pretty open in their debriefs (well, maybe not all of them), but if you wanted to drop in and see some kick ass skydives, I think that for the most part they're going to be open to it.

November looks like it's going to be a really interesting month.

Friday, November 19 to Saturday, November 22, Perris is holding a "Girls Only" tunnel camp.
November 23 to 29, the "International Women" will be training and coaching.
Friday, November 26 is a "4-way Team Building" event. Meet folks, match goals and build a team for next year.
Saturday, November 27 is the annual "16-way Turkey Meet".
Sunday, November 28 is the "4-way Team Building" meet. Jump with the folks you just met.

Holy cow! Didn't we used to get a breather after Nationals? ;^)

If you want to read more about the “International Women”, there is an article on the NSL web site. http://skyleague.com
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Holy cow! Didn't we used to get a breather after Nationals? ;^)

Yeah, thought I read somebody's post just recently that said November was traditionally a slow month for Perris. ;)

This year is going to be another great one! Thanks B.C. for joining our DZ team! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I saw that conversation as well. They will be jumping during the team buliding weekend Dan has set up as well. At least that was the plan a few weeks ago.

I agree with you about women in this sport Paul. It is good to see Nina and lasies like that stepping up and making women more visable, but at the same time. This sport is equal for men and women.

It's additude that makes the difference. If ladies act like they are different then they will be. I hate to hear women sydivers say things like "Hey we are good for a bunch of chicks." That is B.S. be a good skydiver. A lot of women hold themselves down in this sport by not having the right additude.

Flame away if anyone wants to. The only thing holding women back in this sport is themselves at this point. Shit bio-mechanics are on most womens side anyway. Women tend to be more limber and can acheive a better body position then most men. They also listen better then men and this helps them to learn faster.
Dom