rehmwa

World Championships

Doesn't it start tomorrow? If the top teams are super motivated, we can hope for some of the best 4-way ever. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a fast all random draw, too.

http//www.wpc2004.com
www.omniskore.com

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

4 way open is going on right now. (its mid morning on the 18th) Womens 4 way this afternoon and 8 way starts tomorrow.(hopefully) Most teams only did one or two practice jumps before the weather got bad. Finally cleared up Friday and the wind died down this AM enough to get started.

later

Chris

side note - The Italians and Russians are looking good in 4-way also with a round each.

Block 12 - Hindsight, the choice of France or the US to take a safer technique might have been the deciding factor had either done that (which they didn't). (a slower technique trades a point or two in exchange for avoiding 4 to 6 points of busts - AACCK what crappy position to be put in) I'm glad they both chose to go for it. This keeps it close and not make the meet win based on the judges read of Block 12.

I like 12, but it seems it should just go away or force the cog or something. But putting these teams through this junk (France was going to have a special videographer even for just that block) is nuts.

I've also wondered about situations where getting that last point with a bust as a situation where being a little faster costs a point (you get the point but then lose 2, where if you are too slow to get the point you also avoid the bust). Looks like Majik also just had that happen too. I've never seen that before.

I think the 4-way will come down to round 10, it's a burner and right now Majik seems to be getting that extra point at the wire.

can't wait for the videos to start posting.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Round 7 - Something Happened here - something big. Majik up by 6 now.

Check out the Russian vid on skyleague for this round. That's some sweet video work - real steep. Oh, and they won that round (a 28 for 17 Q L 1), too and it looks really smooth.

Airspeed is up by 4 after Rd. 8. Also, the meet director controls the pace. The meet director normally wants everything to finish on the last day so everyone is obliged to stay until the end. That was my experience at Gap last year where there were no aircraft shortages.

Tim T.
Team Paraclete

Round 8 - each of the three opened up another point

Majik up by 7

(Women are finished with round 9 too)

I bet they all stop at round 9 and wait for tomorrow to do the final jumps

Edit: Round 9 Majik up by 8

Congrats Chris

The standings look very cool as of right now. 9/22

4way Open:
US - Go Majic
France
Russia

4 way Female:
US - Go US hotties.
France
Russia

8way:
US - Go Airspeed
France
Russia

Canopy Formation:
US
France
Russia

The same standings in all 4 events.

The cool thing is Italy is just out of third on almost everything.

Plus the US is ahead
Go US!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Go US

All right then if we're throwing in CF Sequential then the rest of the board.

CF Speed (Completed) - Russia, France, US (with a new record by the Russians)
CF Rotation - Russia, France Sweden (US 4th - only one round remains)

The Italians do look good in 4-way (only one point back for both open and women's).

I can't take the suspense here - all the final rounds except CF speed will finish tomorrow? (2 rounds in 8way and CF Seq, 1 round for the rest).

GO US

And of course the Brazil events are done (with recounts and hanging chads etc). Tough to have an event with an 'artistic' component.

Speaking of artistic components, I'd really like to see the video a Mauberge's round containing Block 12 (since the videoman is now officially a team member, then maybe it should be allowed for the video to have a role in making a block look good..........That's not painful at all, now is it?)

Almost forgot S&A - too much info for this page but for the US citizens, it's grim. However Elisa is 4th in women's style and it looks like that is complete.

Go US.

Round 8 - each of the three opened up another point

Majik up by 7

(Women are finished with round 9 too)

I bet they all stop at round 9 and wait for tomorrow to do the final jumps

Edit: Round 9 Majik up by 8

Meaning they can score a few quick points and start knee flying half way down ;)

I think the 4-way will come down to round 10, it's a burner and right now Majik seems to be getting that extra point at the wire.

Well there you go brainiac - shows what you know.:S

Well there you go brainiac - shows what you know.:S

Still not clear who's going to get the bronze. Italians are only one point behind Russians ... and ladies too .. Looks like round 10 is going to be a battle if not a drama

Yeahh... the US FS teams are kicking ass! Go Majik, Airspeed and Synchronicity! You're making us proud for sure! Looks like gold medals will be coming tomorrow!

Hey, in case anyone hasn't seen www.skyleague.com, the site is featuring very good comentary (and team pics) from Croatia. Both Kurt Gaebel and Shannon Pilcher (reporting on 4-way) are there for the NSL.

Hey Talbert, DO A TRICK, FOOL! No......TWO TRICKS!

Edited to add that Tim Tennant, Tim D'Annunzio, and Scott Rhodes were all standing around the DZ yesterday talking about the "creative" video job by France. Scott shook his head and said that he thought it wasn't legal that the video was flying around like that. Anyone want to argue with the ONLY six-time 8-way (in slot) gold medalist on the planet?

Chuck