rehmwa

Pushing the teammates too fast

Here's a nice example of pushing too early for speed before that mentality is in place. I'd like a name for this one. So far, it's about the best framed shot our camerman has taken this year. Too bad it's not in the pool

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Here's a nice example of pushing too early for speed before that mentality is in place. I'd like a name for this one. So far, it's about the best framed shot our camerman has taken this year. Too bad it's not in the pool

Not in the NSL pool perhaps, but I think that between your team and mine, we could start our own dive pool. My team is getting to be great at directing the errant menber to their correct grips, without releasing their own.B|

You will get there Rehm, its just an exercise in patience;)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

That is a funny question. This one was supposed to be an Adder - blue should have the two legs instead of the sidebody on Green.

(the AA class divepool in pictures can be found on http://littlespacemonkey.com/fastfwd/fastfwd2.html. That's our team site and soon we'll add the last two blocks to the pictures. Our normal adder has the guy in green cheated almost all the way around, see the picture below. The engineering of this dive was such that green (me, outside center should be angled out instead of the normal 'in' and looking over the right shoulder instead of left to center as normal - long build for the exact same Adder). The guy in blue grabbed the sidebody premature instead of the cat and wouldn't drop it and the guy in purple didn't catch the visual and keyed to move on. Our camera guy was having a good day (drats). I couldn't shake off in time to correct the mistake before the camera got the shot.

But, if you move one person only, this could be: adder, cataccord, sidebody, hammer. If you just shift a little bit, it's also a crank. So it's sweet and new and "don't mess with our artistic expression".

It's also a nice point to make the bigger moves to your comfort slots, especially with newer teammates. In other words, there's rarely a reason for a new team to get overcreative in engineering a dive. Even this engineering (using the longer adder) had all the exact grips, just a different angle for one set of grips and that was enough to cause confusion for another teammate.

My older team could handle 'creative engineering' and we also did all the memories and mirrors. This one will be ready soon. Just not now.

Minxxy - this is what I was talking about. Mentally not ready for a mind set other than 'super calm'. But, that works, so we're there, we are at a point where having a regular coach would be huge.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

but I think that between your team and mine, we could start our own dive pool.

post 'em. I like new formations, they're funny

I'd like a name for this one.

It's a nice combination of a sidebody and adder: Sadder! The more we build this, the sadder our score . Okay, weak...

The formation is flying nicely, and there is good eye contact. It appears point (blue) is grippy, and outside center (green) has presented sidebody in error. I say point is grippy because he has incorrect grips and is already looking back to center. It is difficult to tell from a snapshot the order of events. BTW, white gloves would show the grips much more clearly.

this is what I was talking about. Mentally not ready for a mind set other than 'super calm'. But, that works, so we're there, we are at a point where having a regular coach would be huge.

If they ever post video from the last SSl meet. Take a look at our dives. I think your guys are in teh same spot mine where in a bit ago. I have never talked to them about getting faster. Just about stopping and taking grips. Maybe a bunch of stop drill dives will help. Let them move as fast as they want to the next point but nobady takes grips until the center takes grips. Works best with in facing moves obviously.

Spend time working on getting on and off together. Not going fast. If you guys can get on and off at the same time it will pick up your speed a bit. The idea is that it builds cohesion (sp) to the team. It gets everyone on the same page and that ='s more points. We actually haven't tired to go fast yet. We do everything as a stop drill. Nobody takes grips until the center builds. On some out facing moves it is harder to stay off the grips (crank, unipod) for us. but it still helps build a rythm that really translates into speed. This should be done in the dirt dive as well. We always move (fast), stop, and I will say "grips" , then everyone gets on together. Also makes dirtdiving fun, I will wait 2 or 3 seconds sometimes before saying "grips", or say it real fast the next time. It gets everyone thinking and moving together.

GET ON GET OFF........ TOGETHER!
Dom

Our normal adder has the guy in green cheated almost all the way around, see the picture below

We have been building our adders different every time so far. There are so many ways to build one. The one that has worked for us the best so far has me (outside) cat-ing tail and point facing out (way cheated). We try to see donut pictures with our partners. It makes for easy transitions to Yuan's and Photons, Cranks and others.

BTW the correct Adder pic you posted looks really nice (good angles). For our version just put your self where the tail is, move the tail up to where IC is and move IC to where the point is and point takes your slot.:S
Dom

Dave and Dom - You guys both nailed it on almost every point. (:$ Dave - you nailed it! I did pause at the sidebody position for a fraction as I was too deep and needed to move forward a bit to make the new adder work - then it was too late and I couldn't get off the grips.)

As far as white gloves, I bought them after the first meet because of a couple camera angle busts. Only the point is willing to do that so far even though I've vigorously suggested that all four of us do. It's pretty dramatic.

I have any and all adders in the book as potentials. All positions wired through a c-adder and the zigged forms adder (some can mirror - I think its 12 versions or 16). I'm finding that just sticking with our stock adder is best.

Last year, Chris Talbert coached us into Dom's A adder. I'd rather take ours as it leaves any big turns with me - OC

I'm trying some different drills this weekend. It was a good experiment.

As far as white gloves, I bought them after the first meet because of a couple camera angle busts. Only the point is willing to do that so far even though I've vigorously suggested that all four of us do. It's pretty dramatic.

Why won't they change to white gloves? That is strange to me. GLoves are gloves, but points are points. Get as many as you can, change the damn gloves.

Tell them if they don't I will send Celeste back to explain to them in detail why they shoud switch! :D

Last year, Chris Talbert coached us into Dom's A adder. I'd rather take ours as it leaves any big turns with me - OC

I didn't mean using it for every dive, but I guess if your guys are not ready for anything other then one slot for every formation, then stick with your plan. I agree that you have the bigger moves on your ADDER. Still think it will work better for ya when going to Cranks, Yaun and Photons. Point is already in place, just makes a small turn for the Yuan or Adder, for the crank he really dowsn't have to move.

I guess I am a bit lucky in that our sub 200 jump wonder on point can turn fast and on a dime (I love to be jealous of this kid).

Justin if you are reading this, go get a needle and pop your head. Or I will have to pop it for you in the tunnel on Saturday morning. ;)
Dom

Justin if you are reading this, go get a needle and pop your head. Or I will have to pop it for you in the tunnel on Saturday morning.

Dom, Does Justin's head even fit through the tunnel door anymore? Just curious. . .and does he really need MORE tunnel time? :P
FGF #6
Darcy

Don't send Celeste. My IC and Tail are both pretty pale and don't wear gloves at all.

I like my big moves and it's not controlling path for speed ..... yet

and does he really need MORE tunnel time?

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:S

Once you start feeding the need, it just takes more to fill you up as time goes on.

" I USED TO DO A LITTLE, TIL A LITTLE WOULDN'T DO IT, SO A LITTLE GOT MORE AND MORE!
Dom

Once you start feeding the need, it just takes more to fill you up as time goes on.

So I noticed. . .I have been jonesing since my time. By the way, I'll be there Saturday, any cheap coached time to be had?
FGF #6
Darcy

Sure, PM me with the costs and I will let you know if it is budgetable. . .(of course cost is always a factor for me). By the way, I have a similar knee issue. . .lol!
FGF #6
Darcy

Here's a nice example of pushing too early for speed before that mentality is in place. I'd like a name for this one.

I'd call it the Axe. Notice the cat being the handle and the sidebody being the blade?

[inline axe.png]
Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done

It does look like an Ax (or Axe)

et al - the "zAdder" is a perfect adder - yep, look at the dive pool as said - you're right. It has the z because in that directory of my hard drive "Adder" is already used and wanted to make it a bit smaller for this posting. I put z's in front of my filenames to put them at the end of the subdirectories so the files I use primarily aren't clogged with extras. Nothing clever or special going on here.

I wonder why you call this build zAdder. Isn't is just a normal A slot adder?

Go to OmniSkore and take a look at the L (Adder) random, then take another look at the formation in this thread.

He was talking about the picture I posted of the correct Adder, not the crahamderbodyaccord (aka, the 'Axe')

Here is what I meant.
pink=pt
green=OC
Blue=IC
Yellow=Tail

The angles are not exactly right on the drawing but I think the idea is clear.

I hope Dave will correct me if I am wrong.

P.S: Thank you very much, Guade. Your comment
was very helpful.