mj4mjm

Two Way Skills Camp at Skydive Elsinore

2 Way Skills Camp info:

Ever wonder how the really great skydivers, like Airspeed, got to be as good as they are? They first started out learning their skills by making two way skydives! Would you like to one day be a world class skydiver? Would you like to be making hot skydives? Hone your basic skills and learn the essentials of formation skydiving by attending our series of free 2 way skills camps. Work with coaches and fellow camp participants in a one-on-one environment. As you attend the camps, we'll take you beyond learning the basic skills, help you develop and hone your advanced skills and bring you to the moment where you will make the best skydive of your life and you'll never want to look back! And that's a promise!

The camp focuses on elements such as body position, exits, advanced techniques for turns and other movements, along with other RW fundamentals.

Winter 2003/2004 Skills Camp Dates:

October 25th (Official start of the winter training season)
November 9th, 22nd, 23rd
December 6th, 14th, 20th
January 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th*

*January dates subject to change

February and March dates coming soon

For additional info go to:

[http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/teams/2way-skills/index.html]

Or contact:

Michael James (Mj):[ [email protected]]

" Do you want to be Better.....or do you want to be Good?"

I am going to chime in here and give my two cents......... I am a skydiver from Idaho, at a small DZ that has a C182. I went to the 2-way camp with a fellow jumper and it was awesome. I was at approx 70 jumps at the time and I had found that I had fewer 'bad habits' to change than other jumpers who had gone later in their experience. I was told by other jumpers that I gained approx. 100 jumps worth of experience from attending the camp. I still talk to MJ from time to time on my progress and he is always willing to give me his feedback. I just hit 100 jumps on this last Sunday, I did a jump with my Jump Master and Master Rigger, and it was only through the techniques that I learned at the 2-way camp that I pulled off the dive, and had fun in the process. Yeah this might be a plug for the camp, but who gives a shit, it works. It sure as hell helped me, and I look forward to going back to Elsinore in the spring to do Advanced 2-way, and possibly some 4-way camp. Thanks again MJ, it keeps getting better.

And by the way, I did learn how to smile during freefall finally!

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket

Hey Rocket !
It's all of the people like you bro, that keep me teaching the skills camp!
Congratulations on your 100th.!
I definitely look forward to working with you again!

Hey RJ, I am waiting to see what my team mates want to schedule for training dates in November. Right now, the 8th is on the table, if it gets taken off, then I will add the date to the calander.

You will have to forgive me Masher for not knowing what a "CSE" is.

" Do you want to be Better.....or do you want to be Good?"

Rocket, I hit 100 this weekend, too! That's very cool!

Also, I agree about the 2-way camp. MJ knows that I and many others at Elsinore love his camp. MJ is willing to work with all levels, even newbies that have just received their A licenses. If it wasn't for this camp, I would have personally pursued freeflying. However, once I took the 2-way camp and learned the mantis, I truly fell in love with belly flying. I realized that serious RW people, like MJ, are very detail and goal-oriented, and I could really relate to that. I highly recommend that people attend this camp. It is very serious regarding our progression (but still fun!), and you will see results if you take it seriously. ;)

MJ are you ready for round 2?!

Need to finish up what we started in Norway. So better buy lots of Tequila, we'll be there soon ;)

Cato

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila." -Mitch Ratliffe

Hi Park,

Weekdays are hard to do, because I own a business and have employees to watch over, BUT if you can get 5 or more people to come out on a weekday and give me some advance notice, I will make arrangments to coach you.
Extra info on the Skills Camp:
The camp usually runs every weekend, alternating between Saturdays one weekend and Sundays the next. We set it up like this, so that those who can't make for example, Saturdays, can make every other Sunday and vice versa (people who can't make Sundays....).
What is good about the weekend, is that I have jumpers in the two way camp who have advanced or people who have moved onto 4 way, help out, by making jumps with the new low timers to help get them started.
I have two rigs and I try to jump with all of the new people in the camp on their first day, but I can't get to everyone at once, so they come in and burn their own tickets to help, because someone else who was "advanced" (from the camp) or an "experienced" jumper did that with them.
VanillaSkyGirl for example will soon be one of my experienced jumpers that will be helping newbies out by making some jumps with them.

I know that some people work on the weekend and it's really hard for them to get away.
But if you can find a way to get a day on the weekend when the camp is running, I promise you that you won't be disappointed.
Not only will you be better by the end of the day than were before you arrived at the camp, but you will leave with skill set goals to work on and know how to work on them.
Here is a pic of the person who came out here with Rocket. I believe that this is his third jump of the day.
Both he and Rocket (and correct me if I'm wrong) were nailing their exits (parallel to the wing or perpendicular to the line of flight) and flying the "mantis" by their 3rd jumps.
At the end of the day, they moved onto center point turns using their legs (no upper body movement).
If you have any other questions, you can email me directly at the addy at the top of this forum.

Blue ones!

"Well? Do you want to be better or do you want to be good?"

CATO!!!!!

I am definitely looking forward to the second round!!!
And this time I'll make sure we have plenty of the good teq on hand!
Hammo said that the three of you are arriving on the 28th(?).

"All skydives are fun, but good skydives are definitely more fun!"
And you will definitely be having some of those when you get here!
'

"...and... commit to a minimum of 5 jumps for the day."

Hey folks,
We do ask that you commit to 5 jumps for the day.
But that doesn't mean that you can't come to the camp if you can't afford 5 jumps or you can't stay for the full day.
If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to email me.
Blue ones!

Just gonna throw my .02 in here.

I was able to go one single day - and only could make 3 of the jumps. I was very intimidated, but MJ and the group really worked hard to bring me to a comfort level I could deal with.

In those three jumps, I got some coaching that I still rely on today - things that changed how I track, how I fall, and my exit techniques were just a few things I learned on three jumps only. The intensive coaching, and the excellent feedback, not to mention the dirt diving and debrief was really really good. That was some of the best coaching I've ever gotten, since student status. And best of all, it was really, really fun.

I highly recommend it if you're heading this way during the winter, or if you're a local and want to check it out. It's essentially free (you're going to jump anyway, right???), and your learning curve will be spiked, I promise.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Keith!

Hope to see you there at the next camp 8am on Sun 9 November.

Do you know how much I want to be there? But alas, the Dr. says no jumping for a bit. Something about a bad landing or hard opening with things falling out kinda makes me think I'll actually follow his instructions.

But the very first weeked I am cleared from the Dr. and have no clients to work with, I will be there. I promise. Prolly end of November at the earliest, most likely December. But I'll be there!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

When ever I come to California, I try to get to MJs camp.
I was surprised that something that was free would be so serious and good.
It is really great. I wish we had something like that in Belgium.
Now I'm a true believer in two way skydives to get good.
But now is too cold for any jumping! So I hope to be back in California soon!

When I went to Airpseed's tunnel camp, other campers with hundreds of more skydives than me kept commenting that they believed that I had been coached. Huh? Seriously, most of the time, my insecurities lead me to believe that I am a really horrible skydiver, which is why I feel more confident every time that I participate in MJ's 2-Way Camp.

Actually, I have NEVER paid for any coached jumps after getting my "A" license at jump 20. I only have 104 jumps right now, but I took MJs 2-Way Camp at Elsinore about 4 times from about jump 32 on. (I recommend others to take it more times than that.) I also have played around a lot with fun jumps and such, but if I had taken MJ's 2-way camp more regularly or jumped more with his other campers, I would be a much better skydiver. I will take his camp again soon...

Anyhoo, yes, I was flying the mantis before tunnel camp. Tunnel camp was amazing and I grew soooo much! Because MJ had taught me the mantis in his 2-way camp, my instructors commented on how great my body position was going into the tunnel camp. I owe much thanks to my friend and mentor, MJ, who always has such great pep talks for me. ;)

Being introduced into serious skydiving within his camp was the reason that I decided to not pursue freeflying. I realized that I was in love with RW from the moment that I learned the mantis. Perfecting skills in 2-ways are how you become great at 4-ways. I know that someday...I will be rockin' at 4-Ways...

Winter 2003/2004 Skills Camp Dates:

October 25th (Official start of the winter training season)
November 9th, 22nd, 23rd
December 6th, 14th, 20th
January 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th*

[http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/teams/2way-skills/index.html]

Or contact:

Michael James (Mj):[ [email protected]]

Sunday Dec 14 8am by the creeper pads...
AMDG