skydiverxl

FS2 training program needed

A friend and i have now made 15 FS jumps together. Since we're both beginners at FS, we made all the basic figures first (sidebodies, compressed, cat grips etc).
And now how to go from here?
Is there some FS2 training program that provides a good preperation for FS4? What about blocks randoms etc for FS2? And where to get that info?

Any advice is much appreciated!

I have two words for you:

Airpspeed or NSL tunnel camp

1 2 3 4 5 ????

Thats 5 words??? And what is an AirPspeed?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ack, the first thing was on purpose. The misspelling wasn't. That's "misspelling" with a capital "L".

And is NSL one word, zero words, or three words. Anyway.

I think I'm as bored as you are.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I suggest to try to use every chance to get on the load with experienced people. Drill dives are cool as long as you do them right which is difficult when you jump with buddy of yours whose experience is about the same. You will be amazed how much you can learn/improve when you jump with someone who knows what he/she is doing. Experienced RW jumper will point on mistakes that you don't even notice. For beginner it may be difficult to get on the load with good people, but be patient, show that you want to learn and very importantly, that you care about safety. :$

Yep i'm trying to jump with experienced jumpers with us. And once in a while i succeed and those jumps are then really really fun to do.
My financial resources just make it impossible for me in going for some weeklong drilling course with a coach, so that's out for the moment.
So there i am, on my dropzone, me and my friend and we want to learn: the only way seems a program on paper, we learn ourselves for the time being, find a camerman occasionally. So again: we can provide me with a good FS2 drilling program that prepares me for FS4?

I found this on the Headcorn Parachute Club website:

http://www.headcornparachuteclub.co.uk/downloads/2ways.pdf

It says, "If you want to utilise the time when there are only two of you at the drop zone, download this useful pdf showing a series of drill dives that will progress your skills in 2-way that can be used in 4-way..."

I haven't looked at or downloaded this so let us know if it's any good!

hth

Vicki

Don't jumpt into very complicated dives until you biuld a good foundation for RW. People often design and dirt dive hot multiple point skydives that eventually turn into zoo due to problems with levels, proximity and eye contact. :$

That acrobat document was exactly what i was looking for: it's intro states: Don’t want to do the same old 2 ways you have always done with your mate before?. Some well designed dives preparing for the bigger FS4 work: ranging from simple side-slides to pretty complicated FS figures. I'll post this document on my own dropzone website (with reference to the source of course) which i maintain http://www.pcmn.nl.

I recommend it to anyone wanting to learn better FS and having only one partner to jump with. (You know those early mornings when everyone is still sleepy and having only one thing on their mind: coffee!!).

I think that you are doing the right thing in pursuing two way to get your skills better for four way.
There is a great two way program at Skydive Elsinore that I have gone to. It definitly improved my skills and made the transition into four way. easier. And the program is free and I think that the coaching is excellent.
I am not easily impressed by something, but when I am I want other people to find what I have found. This program was and such a huge help to me.
Their program is listed under coaching on the skydive elsinore web site http://www.skydiveelsinore.com.
Whenever I had questions about what to do when I got home, I emailed the man who runs the program and he always replied with excellent tips and drill dives to develop certain skills.
But it is hard to visualize certain moves without having someone there to coach you.
The tunnel is also excellent but expensive if you don't have all of the money at once.

Hi Skydiverxl!

How are you?

I had been hearing that people have been talking about the 2 Way Skills Camp at Elsinore that I teach; so I checked in to see what kind of buzz was going on and also saw your forum.

I think that you are on the right path, by pursuing two way skydives!

What 2 way allows the individual to do, is concentrate upon themselves and develop the foundations of good flying skills without having to worry about 3 or more other skydivers on the jump.
Lets face it, when you and your friend show up to learn by doing 2 ways, you are there to do battle!.
Jumping out of a plane and submitting yourself to the struggle of learning to fly your body is a battle, plain and simple. And you only have 60 seconds each time to do this in!
For some, skills like nailing an exit or just falling straight down "the pipe", nose to nose with another person, without floating, going low or back sliding, are big battles; (not to mention being able to turn in place on your center point).
Depending upon the individual and their frequency of jumping, it usually takes between 40 and 60 two way jumps before they are ready to move into 4 way.
By that time, the basics such as, good body postion, using and moving center of mass, eye contact, how to take out all of the various exits, etc. along with more advanced flying skills have become reflexive and the individual's focus on the various moves to a 4 way formation point is simplified.
I have some students who have moved onto 4 way from the 2 way camp and with only a total of 80 or so jumps in their skydiving career are sucessfully executing vertical block transitions.
I teach with a specific progression plan that I put each jumper through.
If you are interested, email me and tell me where your at in the development of your skills, what type of plane you are jumping out of, type of exits that you have done and the results of both your exits and the types skydives your have executed (or attempted to execute), what you would like to work on, I will be happy to try and help you move to your next step.

I wish you good luck with your learning, good jumps and blue skies!

Michael James (Mj)
Head Coach
2 Way Skills Camp
Skydive Elsinore
[url:http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/teams/2way-skills/index.html]

" Do you want to be Better.....or do you want to be Good?"

Replying to anyone who has written here.

I appreciate you comments on my first entry, so to give some response, i'll just tell you

I started skydiving over a year ago. I was just fired from my job, had a good severance pay, i was feeling tired and had absolutely no desire to work. My sister insisted we should learn skydiving, and so we did. The training completed, there i stood, on the landing gear 3500ft high up. I was screaming under my chute. So with no work to fill my 40 hours, i started skydiving, with absolute devotion, had my first level quickly, bought my own set. After 15 jumps or so i broke my ankle. Did around 6 jumps in 8 months.

After that i started jumping again, planned my re-intro carefull: even stayed in the plane on my first jump because it wouldn't go above my self-set minimal height. Second jump and i was hooked again, i found a friend to do FS-jumps with: hence my first entry in this discussion thread: a request for inspiration for practicing FS jumps.

Did a lot of FS jumps together and i was starting to think that i was not doing badly with FS. So then an 9 day-event started: all skydivers from my local DZ go someplace else, with better facilities, to do some serious skydiving.

That week started for me with some refresher/first FS4 course. And i flunked it big time. Screwed up many exits, and had mayor level problems making me griphorny: something i never had before that annoyingly.

I even screwed up some bonus jump: a pretty good FS4-team was to do a jump with the four junior skydivers of the course. And there i lay 10 feet below the FS7. F..K F..K F..K!!! I needed to find a way to relax, so i continued with something i had played with as well, freefly sitting. On that day it was cloudy, a layer on 7000 feet en some at 4500 feet. I exited on 13000 ft, being last in the plane i tapped the pilots shoulder in the hope he would make a swoop down in front of me. I'd seen it on video but never saw it before.
As i jump, belly down and he starts circeling around me, nose pointing below me, and we turn and turn, while the plan is close; i can see the pilot's face in the cockpit. At 7000ft he shoots away, and i see him flying of through.... and then under the clouds. I then 'sat' and fell down between those two cloud layers: some surreal sight. This was THE jump of the week.

Last week I also did some cool jump with an experienced freeflyer: another mental skydive movie in my head.

It's funny the way i relate to skydiving says so much about how i stand in life.

For the moment: i'll stick to freefly mostly: it's fun. I will do FS again: but first i just play again.