nikistrapa

8RW

I want to know something about RW.
I want to know the order of leaving the plane.
How does it depends on the weight of the skydivers and theirs expirience.It is 8RW and 4 of them must leave the plane together.Can somebody tell me where can i find some information?

There are too many 'depends' for this one. Can you provide more detail? What formation do you want to start with? Which airplane?

I don't think you'll find a good answer on this question.

Many teams just always launch an 8-way StairStep Diamond before transitioning to the first point. The 8-way pool can be found on Omniskore.

You might just have to have a local jumper show you directly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

All i have is 9 skydivers, one of them is cameraman.
And i have their weight and expirience.The plane is ANTONOV-2.They must form a star.And i know that
the first 4 must leave the plane together.
I must chose who will be the first 4 and tell at what height they must disform.The jump at 3500m.
I can't speak english very well.I hope u will understand my question.

There are too many 'depends' for this one. Can you provide more detail? What formation do you want to start with? Which airplane?

I don't think you'll find a good answer on this question.

Many teams just always launch an 8-way StairStep Diamond before transitioning to the first point. The 8-way pool can be found on Omniskore.

You might just have to have a local jumper show you directly.

Ahem! - where did he say anything about the 8-way competition dive pool? Some of you guys have tunnel vision (pun intended).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you're just trying to build an 8-way formation when no one has been in one that big, a couple of things come to mind:

1. Make sure everyone knows how to track (separate) in freefall at the end of the jump. This is very important.

2. Make sure everyone has done smaller formations. I realize that small airplanes make it hard to do bigger formations.

3. If you do not have experience in having 4 people leaving the airplane holding on to each other, it might be better to only have 2 be holding on to each other. Preferably two who have jumped together. The more experience the first four have jumping together, the better your chances of success, probably.

4. The last couple of people out should not be fast fallers -- a star usually falls slower than a single person.

5. If you do not have a lot of experience in RW, then you should begin separating from each other at 1400m, and you should not pull until you have tracked away from each other until you have been tracking for about 15 seconds. Look around before opening, and make sure no one is close.

If this is too basic, please accept my apologies. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)