base428

DaKine Rags - DON'T WASTE YOUR $$$

the Snow gear? different company Da'Kine Rags is the Skydive stuff...just DaKine is the outdoor snow gear..

a friend of mine gets proforms fairly often from Dakine.. i was hoping for a cheap suit that way but oh well have to stick to the snow gear ;)

That's the word....its a shame, I'm not really a Nike fan-they'll take a fantastic line of gear and make it into clothing for wannabees rather than functional athletic attire, kind of like their running shoes (functional but really lousy quality).
His casual wear pants are really cool, they're kind of light and baggy and airy-perfect for hot, humid weather, stuffy packing areas etc. I wanted to hit up on him for a pair but I'm not sure he'll be back in time.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

Aloha Jason Bell

Chuck dakine responding. First thing is I appologize for the extra time your Rags took. Looking at this order...
Your pants ordered at WFFC in Aug. I gave ETA of late Oct. expressing that DKR would be closed For September.
You recieved them in Nov. Sent them back for a pocket I NEGLECTED to do.
WE SPOKE, I APPOLOGIZED, and shipped your pants back to you after X-mass. Your Rags were delevered on Jan 6th.
Fed Ex # 8353 5740 3953 signed for by G.Kemp.
I have been in Calif all of Jan.
I have not received any phone messages from you and have answered your e-mails giving you your Fed Ex delivery information.
Being a business owner yourself,
I am suprised at your December agreeance on the phone, and then your "knife in the side" public forum technique now in January.
[:/]I don't get it. Aloha Chuck

ja i like my Da'Kine FF pants..bought them off the shelf and although they arent baggy enough to slow me down the way i needed, Ive gotten many loads of good use out of them..still wear them on the rare occasions when my stripes are too slow...

I believe you've just reaffirmed my stance on your lousy work ethics and organization. I never went to WFFC, nor did I place my order from WFFC. I ordered them via fax and was never informed that you were closed in September.

Now for the really interesting part.....you now quote a FedEx tracking number for a delivery to TENNESSEE. I don't live, nor have I ever been to Tennessee. The last FedEx tracking number you gave me was to MONTANA. What the ? Repeat....I live in WV and that's where my shipping address has always been.

Can one really be surprised at my displeasure with your company? If nobody provided constructive criticism about companies like yours, then more would suffer.

Looking at this order...
Your pants ordered at WFFC in Aug. I gave ETA of late Oct. expressing that DKR would be closed For September.
You recieved them in Nov. Sent them back for a pocket I NEGLECTED to do.
WE SPOKE, I APPOLOGIZED, and shipped your pants back to you after X-mass. Your Rags were delevered on Jan 6th.
Fed Ex # 8353 5740 3953 signed for by G.Kemp.
I have been in Calif all of Jan.
I have not received any phone messages from you and have answered your e-mails giving you your Fed Ex delivery information.
Being a business owner yourself,
I am suprised at your December agreeance on the phone, and then your "knife in the side" public forum technique now in January.
[:/]I don't get it. Aloha Chuck

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted.

Oh, thats funny stuff...open mouth insert foot, out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!

hehehehehe!!! FUNNY!!! Sorry to make light of your situation, but you are proving your point quite well! I would be pissed too. Hell, you have waited this long...whats another 6 months??? Good luck in your search for some new pants.

He told us at Rantoul last year that he was either selling or merging his company into one of the major sports gear/clothing companies and would not be taking any new orders after Rantoul. He said he would be spending so much time with the new company he wouldn't be able to handle his normal volume of orders.

Blue skies,

Jim

Now for the really interesting part.....you now quote a FedEx tracking number for a delivery to TENNESSEE. I don't live, nor have I ever been to Tennessee. The last FedEx tracking number you gave me was to MONTANA. What the ? Repeat....I live in WV and that's where my shipping address has always been.

Uh, just so you're aware, FedEx is BASED in TENNESSEE and sends a lot of their packages through there....

If nobody provided constructive criticism about companies like yours, then more would suffer.

I wouldn't exactly call what you wrote on here "constructive criticism"....
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Repeat....I live in WV and that's where my shipping address has always been.
Uh, just so you're aware, FedEx is BASED in TENNESSEE and sends a lot of their packages through there....

If you look at the tracking information it shows it was delivered to tennessee not that it just went threw there.

DeliveredCORDOVA TN 01/06/2003 09:20
On FedEx vehicle for deliveryCORDOVA TN 01/06/2003 07:18
Arrived at FedEx Destination LocationCORDOVA TN 01/06/2003 06:47
Left FedEx Sort FacilityMEMPHIS TN 01/06/2003 04:48
Held at Sort FacilityMEMPHIS TN 01/05/2003 18:57
Held at Sort FacilityMEMPHIS TN 01/05/2003 15:17
Arrived at Sort FacilityOAKLAND CA 01/05/2003 01:06
Left FedEx RampHONOLULU HI 01/04/2003 18:23
Package statusHONOLULU HI 01/04/2003 14:21 Package in FedEx location
Arrived at FedEx RampHONOLULU HI 01/04/2003 13:36
Left FedEx Origin LocationHONOLULU HI 01/04/2003 13:11
Pickup statusHONOLULU HI 01/03/2003 18:19 Package received after FedEx cutoff time

So unless he lives in cordova TN (memphis is their hub) the package either went to the wrong place or it is the wrong package.
Fly it like you stole it!

I just got an email from DaKines. My pants were sitting on his doorstep for the last month while he was in California. Chuck forgot some info on the package, so it was returned. The tracking #'s he previously gave me were for other customers with similar names.

Either way, he says he's shutting down his company. He offered to send me the pants one more time......I relunctantly agreed. We'll see if they can get here this time......to WV, that is!!!

Cya....!!!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

My rags, which I love, and which were done on time. As an added bonus, knowing replacements will not be available after DaKine goes away, I have apparently convinced myself subconsciously that I need to stand up my landings.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Dropzone_Members/Dropzone_Gatherings/2002_Eloy_Christmas_Boogie/sangiro&image=IMG_z3813.jpg&img=60&tt=

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

Man, I LOVE my rags. I looked online, found what i wanted, called chuck, he RETURNED my call that evening. I placed the order and my pants were delivered to my office exactly 4 days later. All for less that $150. Can't beat that IMO
Thanks Chuck!!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.