C2Norway

Wind Tunnel France...

Hello everyone...

I just came back from DeLand, and i tried a wind tunnel for the first time... Where can i find one close to Norway?!

Heard there was a good one in France. Anyone out there know where it is, or have a URL to their home page?

Thanx

C2

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila." -Mitch Ratliffe

Went to the tunnel in Paris two weeks ago. It was nice going to a tunnel on driving distance instead of flying the 10 hours + jetlagbonus to Orlando.
Bottum line: it's a pretty nice place to train and fly in, here are some pro's and cons:
1. The air is much more "steady", you're not going up and down due to turbulence in the tunnel.
2. It's also much bigger, so as a 4-way you can practice almost any block in it (heard the french 8-way team is even training in it). 3.
It's also blowing faster, it feels more like real freefall. The downside of that from a training point of view is that you have to give less input so maybe you built less "body awareness" while flying in it.
Cons:
1. That tunnel in FU>>ING expensive. I'm not kidding when I tell you it is TWICE the price of Orlando (especially with the low $ at the moment!).
My team calculated that if we wanted to fly six hours we are better of flying to Orlando and doing the training there.
2. It is managed in a weird way. We wanted to buy time by the hour, knowing what time to be there to start. That's not the case in Paris. You're supposed to show up at the opening time and say how much time you want to fly. Then they give you minutes when they feel they can plan you in. So sometimes you have 15 min. on a row, then 30 min. etc. etc. You never know on what timeschedule you are. When you are unlucky a bunch of "funriders" go in with you and then you're timeframe is like: 2,5 min. of flying, 30 min. waiting inside, 2,5 min. flying etc.
So you never know how much time you're traingsession is going to cost. It might as well take you all day.
3. They have no debrief/video room. So in between sessions you can't debrief really good.

Paris is a good start for Europe to have a tunnel but they could def. use some competition so the prices get lower and the management is more willing to fill in requests of the skydivers!!
Europe needs MORE tunnels!

Well it all sounds great. And they told me at Skyventure that it was a good tunnel, but it did cost a lot more.

I just want to go down there and check it out with some friends who arent skydivers.

You can't book a session? You just have to show up and take what you get? That sounds stupid IMHO.

Anyway, thanx for the info.

C2

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila." -Mitch Ratliffe

They say on the website that you should call and make reservations. We did that, I think so should you. So far so good.
The problem is that you during that day never know at what time you're flying. It is not like in Orlando where you book an hour from 15.00 - 16.00 or so.
In Paris you'll get the hour allright but spread over timeframes they see fit.
Well it was good to be in a tunnel anyhow. I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it too. Have Fun!!