mirage62

What makes a sequential world record?

I've post this to rec dot, but the argument still rages between me and my friend. We get together and drink beer and fight over this. Our liver are giving out and our wifes will leave us soon if we don't stop so weigh in with your thoughts!

If the 120 way two point at z-hills goes next week is it a new world record, or would Roger P 104 way four point still stand.

The current thought seems to be that the load with the greatest number of people wins. i.e. z-hills current 118 way is the "record"

The problem is that the number of people on the load doesn't take into consideration the difficulty of the jump.

My solution w/b to
a) The group HAS to have 100+ on it
b) Multiply the number of points by the number of people.
c) Take the number of breaks times 10% of the total number of jumpers.

Hell I know "c" is to difficult but you need something to keep it from just having the loops break to wackers and back.........

Any thoughts?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Only 2 points are needed to qualify as a "sequential" skydive. The others are a bonus.

Seems to me that there's more ambiguity in the definition of a point. Does one person switching grips on a 120 way count as a second point? I would think not, but then, what would be required?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yep, on Tuesday. Are you going? Hope the weather gets better. That second point is neatly design.

See you there...

I hope.

The GF's car was broken into last night, then some guy spilled coffee on her dress in a coffee shop - and finally we were rear-ended on the highway on the way to work this morning. SO on the assumption that these things go in threes, I should be OK for next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep, on Tuesday. Are you going? Hope the weather gets better. That second point is neatly design.

See you there...

I hope.

Oh goodie, I'm going too. Can't wait to see that second point build. Would love to meet some of the DZ.com posters.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

In Reply To

See you there...

I hope.

Oh goodie, I'm going too. Can't wait to see that second point build. Would love to meet some of the DZ.com posters.

So how did you like Fortson's black and yellow jump suit - does that make him a "Rumble-bee"