Squeak

Rel suit fit?

I just had a Rel suit made for me by RMW. Iwas wondering how tight a fit should it be, it's suposed to be a fast suit, as I tend to float a little. It appears a little loose in the upper arms and torso arears.

I need to re-read what I type I type really poorlyB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Almost everyone in my 8way team got a RMW suit last season. Very nice suits, I particulary like the grippers.

How loose is "little loose?"

There isn't much surface area in the upper arms - so I doubt it will slow you down. Having abit of space for a weight vest/belt or extra clothing for winter can be a good thing.

Blues, Benno

What is your definition of tight?

One thing that it absolutely SHOULD have is enough room for you to arch (with gear on) without pulling on the back of your neck. Look at any of the top teams, most of them have several inches of extra length in the torso.

This is a big problem I see with suits. If it is too short in the torso, you can have your rigger do the "Airspeed mod", wheich is essencially cutting a slit in the back of the suit, right under the collar, to relieve some of that tension.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Usually only an inch or two seems to do the trick. Look around your DZ, someone might actually have this.

I think they actually slit it, then put a patch in there so it doesn't fray or anything.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I just had a Rel suit made for me by RMW. Iwas wondering how tight a fit should it be, it's suposed to be a fast suit, as I tend to float a little. It appears a little loose in the upper arms and torso arears.

I need to re-read what I type I type really poorlyB|

I'm light too, and my "competition" suit is so tight in the arms I need help to get it off. Can't wear winter clothes under it. It doesn't seem to interfere with movement, though; the suit torso is maybe 1 or 1.5 inches extra in length, not a problem when under the rig.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.