Islandcool

Basic RW info

Ok so I've been practicing some sit flying on solo jumps. It's been going ok but not great..but that's another forum. The manager of my DZ and a friend of his ask me if I want to do a 3 way with them. I'm hesitant and want to back out because I've only done two 2 ways and I'm intimidated by their experience level. I suck it up and tell them ok. He tells me what we're going to do. Just some simple stuff. Since I know nothing about RW verbage I will just say that we were going to dock facing each other and rotate so I would grab someone's side and rotate back. And repeat with the other person. (geee can you tell I'm a newbie). Anyway things went ok..not great but ok. We docked missed the first side grab rotated and got the second. I was surprised how much I needed to drive with my legs to keep in position. I was jumping in jeans and a t-shit (gotta love san diego) and they were wearing jumpsuits. I did have a tough time keeping up with their fall rate. So I guess if their is a question here it would be. Where on the web can I find some docs about basic RW fundamentals? I've found a bunch of freefly stuff but not much rw. Can't wait do do more RW.

Blue Skies

Ed

Try maybe the national skydiving league website. Sorry I don't have the web address. There will definitely be plenty of info on 4-way there, and maybe some really basic stuff too.

That side-grabbing thing is called "sidebodies," by the way. :)