sundevil777

Bootie wear protection-alternative to shoe-goo

Has anyone tried adding another layer of leather instead of coating the bottom with the goo?

Besides having a reputation for making it slick, I just don't like the idea of putting goo on my expensive new suit for wear protection.

Seems like it would be best sewn on, but maybe a little goo as adhesive around the outer edges might be enough and not require paying a rigger.

When the leather got thin, you could remove it and apply a new layer.

I only wish I had asked for this to be done by the mfg.

Please let me know your opinions.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I really don't see why putting shoe-goo on booties is that big of a deal.

You could also always just take your booties off under canopy so you don't tear them up while landing (which is when the most wear happens).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks for the link, looks like the right tool for the job without a machine.

Do you have any advice for finding an appropriate type of rubber to use?

Thanks.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Shoe Goo - at Walmart, cost per tube is about $4.99. If you heat it a bit in hot water it flows easier, but is also messier. I use a popsicle stick or similar to spread it myself. IT forms NICE seals.

Also if you have an old inflatible tire the tube is perfect.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Stay away from condoms even the ribbed-for-her-pleasure kind because the lubrication might make you fall off the step:ph34r:

On a serious note, an old bicycle tube might do the job. But I suspect that over time, it might rip around the thread. Then you might want to check out your local cobbler and see if they carry replacement soles.

You could also always just take your booties off under canopy so you don't tear them up while landing (which is when the most wear happens).

Sorry, I don't like this idea, too many people messing around under canopy instead of looking where they are going. Just take the booties off after landing before walking back to the packing area. I also don't put my booties on till right before I board the aircraft.
A thin layer of shoe goo keeps the booties lasting a long time.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey