canopywhore

rw suit

I am getting ready to order a new RW suit. I was wanting some opinions on a couple of things. Should i get front and back arm grips? I was thinking of getting inside leg grips, is this a waste of money? I was going to order another Tonysuit is there any reason to buy a different suit? I appreciate the help.

If you wish to do a serious RW team the second arm grip is a good idea. I would definitely suggest getting the inside leg grips. My RW teams are into black for the ease of judging, but I reckon bright orange and blue is a cool option!!!;);)
I have 7 RW suits in the cupboard from varying manufactures. But the ones I cherish the most (I have 3 of these) is from a manufacturer from Australia called RMW jump suits. She has a online colouring in program and her suits are built to last and well priced.
If you give her a go drop my name and mention a team called XLR8. She may just give you a special deal, no guarantee's of course.
I hope I have been of help

Cookie

Get all the grips that you can...Bigger, in my opinion is better when it comes to grips. Go with Merlin. Their ProComp Suit has thick padding in the knees. It gives you a buttload of surface area, so much so that, when you are under canopy and you pull on a toggle, you will notice the drag that surface area creates and itll whip you right around under canopy. It flies great, looks great, and very durable. I have about 600 jumps on my first one and it still is in great condition.

Not sure of the usefulness of the double arm grips, but then, I've never had them.

Definitely go for the inside leg grips. Cat grips will never be the same....

I would recommend the "fat" grippers, as well, they are much easier to get a hold of and keep a good grip on for turning blocks and the like.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I would also recommend the inside leg grips-- they really are a must. I've never had the double arm grips, but I've been told by some that they are more cumbersome than they're worth-- your call. Fat grips-- yes. I have had great success with my Bev Competition Suit, I've owned two of them and they're both still in great shape. I've heard great things also about Tony Suits-- that's what I'm trying for my next team. Word.

Sounds like the same stuff all around. Inside grippers are a must for serious 4-way or 8-way. I have heard mixed things about the double grippers. I don't like them (taking grips) but have never had a suit with them. I have a Tony suit and love it. The most important thing is to get good measurements. Fit is everything.
I also like the FX bootie mod for the Bev suit and the Pro Comp for Merlin (my next suit).
Chris

...and the Pro Comp for Merlin (my next suit).

Great Suit. I love mine. Just make sure you give her about a 3 month lead time before you actually need it, and maybe pay the $20 for rush so you get it moved up in the queue. Agian amazing suit, customer service not as good unless you live in Deland and only then if you hassle her.

Although me personally, I had great service, Alittle long to get the initial suit, but she fixed my booties which were too loose, had it back to me in a couple of days. Replaced a Zipper in about an hour during the day. Replaced all the spandex on the used suit I bought in about 2 weeks. All in All I am really happy, my teammate is not though.
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

I've heard good things about RMW suits, and TADS. One of my instructors has an Airsuit. Has anyone heard of Spirit Skysports? What are theire (RW) suits like?

I'm just trying to figure out what to get...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

hey masher
Spirit used to be the cheapest in Oz.
Their prices haver gone up to a level with tads and RMW, I have ordered an RMW 'cause from what I seen on the DZ they are built a little more tough.
All 3 are very well made suits, but given that TAD are under new ownership (Gravitational Gear) and I have not seen too many spirit suits. I decided to order the RMW suit. I'm also lead to beleive that Michelle has good after sales service.B|
But I'm not an authority on suits and IK'm still waiting for my suit to be made (2weeks so far with a 4 week lead time);)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Just a thing on the double arm grips.
There is a IPC rule relating to sidebody grips. A few blocks from memory where a bust can occur from common sidebody grips are Ritz-Pick and in 8 way Wagga-Wagga. I know from experience about this rule as we triple busted the Wagga in one comp jump at our last nationals. A team must clearly shown seperation between common grips ie if you have a high grip in a 2 way and there is a side-body docked on the 2 way the sidebody person cannot have there hand over the top of the two way grips. I think that this is where the double arm grips can come into play. I personally dont have them, I am fairly tall so my upper arm grip is long and there is plenty of room for two people to share my upper arm grip. I hope this has made some sense.

CookieB|