rocketfeuille

Sweet RW

I've had a hard time recently finding people to do RW with. I pretty inexperienced and still have a lot to learn, and so the hotshots at my DZ haven't been to excited about jumping with me. So... I end up jumping with this other newbie a lot and neither of us can tell who's doing what wrong. I was really discouraged and starting to wonder if I'd ever get this thing right. Then, yesterday, I jumped with one of the older, more experienced guys at the DZ. We planned the dive and dove the plan... The entire thing! I turned all the points while he just flew steady. It was awesome!

I believe it is absolutely essential to do at least a part of RW jumps with experienced people even if it is going to cost you more. Like camera, experiences skydivers are able to evaluate your performance from exit to track. Analysis or mistakes that we all newbies make is critical for learning. Having experienced skydivers on RW jumps also helps us to perform better since they make less mistakes, correct the mistakes made by others (to some degree) and can be used as stable reference points. Just do not think of pressure and responsibility negatively because it will negatively affect your performance. I think the first step one should make in order to get to jump with experienced people, is to show them that you want to learn (work hard and listen to what they tell you) and care about safety (good awareness and track). If you get to jump solo – spend entire skydive practicing your tracking skills. Visualize, repeat all these dives in you mind and be around big RW dogs. It will be much easier to get to jump with good people after you earn a reputation of safe, easy going and hungry for learning person.

I looked up your bio and it says you jump at El Paso. I jumped with Mike and Josh all weekend. See if you can hook up with these guys. I've been at a couple boogies with Mike and he shows a lot of patience when working with low-timers. Of course you couldn't of jumped with them this weekend unless you went with them to Az. I have jumped with many of the jumpers from El Paso and they all seem to be very welcoming. Make sure and say hi to Mr. Kerns.

bloody shame on them! Is there another DZ you can use?

When I was a newbie I was lucky enough to have a number of guru's to jump with.

[although I am far from a guru] I really enjoy jumping with novice jumpers. Plus I find it benefits me; Rather than scramble for the next point I can think about and holm my moves and work on my body position.

Blue ones, Benno
Blue Dreams Benno

Don't get me wrong- all the guys at the DZ are very friendly and some of the nicest guys I know. The problem is that a lot of them have plans for what they want to do, and I end up messing with those plans. I never meant to paint my home DZ in a bad light with this post. It's a great DZ and I love it and the people there. I was just so excited to have made a good jump that I had to post for the sheer joy of it.