mjasantos

4-Way Team "Matrix FS" (Portugal) is Over :-(

Bummer. Readig the note you posted it looks like the big reason was the camera flyer situation with that issue then opening the door to other issues. Hope you get another team together at any rate!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hi Enrique, Quade, Scott, Harry, David and Sangiro,

Thank you all for the supportive words and for the incitement.

I also have hadn't the pleasure to meet and know you personally, but through your posts at this great forum, it is like if I did.

For now I have no plans on putting together a new team, specially because after several attempts to get a solid team, now I know, like Quade said (and as I always defended) that it is fundamental to have similar goals and compatible levels of commitment and resources (time and money), otherwise it's just not going to work out.

This is Portugal reality and we have to leave with it... there are not that many skydivers willing to join a team's project just because of the commitment... let me just give you the example: after we became aware that our camera flyer had to leave the team temporarily and wouldn't be able to fill in his slot for the season of 2003, we started contacts and reached to the word with a guy who has shown interest to replace our camera flyer... this one jumps a lot, has done FS, is a freeflyer, also camera flyer, is tandem instructor, etc... after 3 or 4 days when I contacted him again to get together for a meeting about our team plans, he told me that he had been thinking better about it and wasn't interested in assuming such commitment level with a team... that says it all!

I'll be around somehow, I'll keep posting and I'll maintain Matrix web page, adjusting it every time I have new ideas on how it can continue to be a good reference for all those willing to practice 4-Way Formation Skydiving (including the Articles section).

May be it would be easier if i could move to the US, where I have too many friends, like David suggested (actually I already thought about that, but it's not that easy when you took root here... but we never know... I'll leave the door opened...)... then it would be easier to get a team together... actually it is from the US that I get most feedbacks about Matrix web page, which is interesting.

Life goes on!

Blue Skies to you all (today, already with sun glasses)! B|

-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

Boa sorte, Mario. Espero que consiga formar outra equipe no futuro, quando as condicoes estiverem melhores.

Maybe you'll end up going somewhere for a couple of years for a team, without its being a permanent emigration from home. And yes, your web page is fantastic.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Mario,

I'm so sorry to hear it...believe me, I know how hard it is to find people who will commit to a team.

I hope you compete again...move to the US! There are plenty of people over here looking for teams! ;)

Andi

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

... There are plenty of people over here looking for teams! ...

Thanks Andi!

At the right time, I am at the wrong place!

About moving to the US... there are a lot of suggestions addressing that... I can not say that idea hasn't already crossed my mind, more than once... who knows?

Like Kirk Verner uses to say "belief is the mother of reality"...

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

... There are plenty of people over here looking for teams! ...

Please give them my email!!!
Hi guys!
I'm a friend of Mario, I'm from Italy and I lived the same situation in the past.
Without a team I invested in tunnel camps: today I have more than 8 hours Airspeed coached, and I have to see that some italians skydivers offers tunnel coaching without any prior tunnel experiences...but they won a medal...what I don't have now.
We really have to move to pursue our dreams!
Bye!
igor