Enrique

Sidebody exit

I've got all that. Now that you've given me some more info, I can specify my question better.

You've drawn B-1-C-21.

How do you transition from the stairstep to the snowflake? Going from SF->OS is specified, then how do you transition from offset to the murphy?

Does everyone try to get to their positions by the shortest route?
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

oh, that gets a lot more complicated, your 4 positions (IC,OC,point, tail), have "A" slots where they would normally be in the formation, so yeah, you get there the shortest way possible (simply put). but then there is a whole continuity plan, and who goes where, and some teams with the talent may build the random different in certain circumstances....

the best way to look at this is to review some video... go to www.skyleague.com -- that will have the dive flow, and you can download the video of that particular jump, pick one person to watch and see where they go in each formation (bearing in mind that there are slot switchers and mirror image formations that will make things more complicated -- best to watch a video from a "AA" team if available at first because they dont' have the mirrors and switchers)

It is funny how the blocks become simple to build and do but the randoms are very complicated. There are many ways to turn the blocks and that is part of the team continuity plan and how you turn the block will determine how you build it. It will also infulence how the block finishes in shap. The randoms will get tweeked and warped to be faster and may not look anything like the formation drawings. The basics are try to keep the point and tail on a line moving in and out on the line and rotating. The centers do the same and you look for the shape that has the smallest move. Bottom line is find someone who has experience and is good at it. Somepeople are really good at seeing these things and others are not. Remember that all you need to do is have the correct grips everything elese is up for grabs.
Chris

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes- everyone tries to get to their position by the shortest possible route. There is no set inter from B to 1, from 1 to C ect. You could go head down to get there, if you really wanted to.

How do you go to your next formation?

Do you just make it up, or is there a set way?

Are you referring to a continuity plan? that is we usually build a specific formation the same way each time we do that particular point. ie if we are doing cat-cat the same person is on the front, each time. same on tail. same two in the center. this is much easier to do with an intermediate team.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

Anyway, some of the best advice I got for the tail on the meeker-style exits was to try to hit the right side of your head on the bottom of the door on exit.

---------------------------
I had to stop doing formal 4 way for a while but I got this same advice for the tail position for the meeker and it worked wonders

Randy
---------------------------------------------

Randy

Anyway, some of the best advice I got for the tail on the meeker-style exits was to try to hit the right side of your head on the bottom of the door on exit.

---------------------------
I had to stop doing formal 4 way for a while but I got this same advice for the tail position for the meeker and it worked wonders

Randy

Most times I try to hit my head on the door on exit, I succeed! (and sometimes when I'm not trying).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.