skyleague

SkyVenture Tunnel Training

Two slots are still open and available for the last NSL Tunnel Training camp at SkyVenture in Orlando, Florida, on December 28-29. These camps have been extremely successful and a lot of fun. More detailed information is available at the NSL website (www.skyleague.com).

Arlo would be better for this,

But bring what you normally jump with.
Just make sure you have closed toe shoes. (they have some there they will loan you, but bring your own...They are vans, but someone elses vans.)

The most interesting thing for a solo jumper is not getting in or out, they will help you with that. It is having a perfectly still reference to use. And you know it is not going anywhere. If you think you turn in place the tunnel might destry that feeling.

For a group the major new thing is the massive fall rate issues for the group...They are there in freefall, but now that you have a non moving wall there, they seem to be alot more. To fly smooth in the tunnel you have to make fall rate adjustments all the time. Just like you should in freefall, but they seem a lot larger.

Smile and have fun.

Are you going as part of a camp, or by yourself?

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Since this is on the same subject.
I have four hours scheduled(coached by Geoff) on Friday the 20th of Dec. One of the guys who was coming with us had to back out. If any DZ.COMer is in the area and would like to get in on the action PM me and we can discuss it.
Mish

you're going to fly 4 hours in 1 day? Walgreens is close, and they have the BIG bottles of Advil;)

I might also add to what Ron has said.... I have found that the tunnel required more aggressive/larger inputs to do the same move as in freefall. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I have to exagerate things a bit to get the same result. Not that that's a bad thing......

No Dave youre right it takes a lot more input to get the same result...

I would guess that it is due to the slower speeds you are "Falling" the air is very good, and you can fly in the same body position that you normaly use, but you weigh around 20 pounds less due to not having a rig.

One good thing is that it makes you put that same input in freefall, and man you move.

I am coaching a team in the tunnel tonight, and flying 30 min myself with another group.

A very good tool.

Ron

PS If you are comming down to the tunnel PM me.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

:)

umm MMMM!! Excuse me MISTER! When exactly, did you move to Oregon or Washington or wherever it is you went? and WHY didn't you say something?

goober.:P

so when are you coming back to FL? it's warm here today and blue skies and light breeze. B|:)
We miss you already Dave. Just quit your job. What about 4-way? [:/]

arlo

:)

umm MMMM!! Excuse me MISTER! When exactly, did you move to Oregon or Washington or wherever it is you went? and WHY didn't you say something?

goober.:P

so when are you coming back to FL? it's warm here today and blue skies and light breeze. B|:)
We miss you already Dave. Just quit your job. What about 4-way? [:/]

arlo

Hey, Ms Goober, I did tell you, well I might have said it was a possibility, but it turned into reality. I needed to make the change.

Things I will miss about FL all the good friends I made there, year round jumping, and the tunnel. I will miss nothing else about florida :)
4way, well, since the hottest tail on the planet (no, not you Ron, I dont' swing that way;)) was taken by another team, I guess I'll just have to look out here for something;).

Your Blue skies and light breezes have nothing on the clouds, rain, snow and gale force winds here!:S