Poczynek

Any recommendations (Intense RW Training)

Hi All,
After my performance at the last boogie, :P:PI really need to get some one on one, then up to 4 way coaching with some gurus. I will be in the US during the April - May time frame, any recommendations on trainers - schools - tunnel combinations?
phat, dumb & happy

If you have the time and the $$$: NSL tunnel camps. Call the coaches and schedual one on one time in the tunnel. If you have friends coming try 2 0n 2s in the air if not possibly an Airspeed skills camp or call one of the DZs in the area and ask if they know people who want 2 on 2 training.
Bottom line 1st learn to fly your body, then learn to do 4-way. If you can't fly your body doing expensive coaching is a waste of time and cash.
Chris

Chris,

Van Greuningen and I have trained you well....

Raw truth #1 is that we cannot skydive well until we learn to fly our bodies.

Raw truth #2 is that most of us don't know what we don't know until we go through the pain and agony of Day #1 of a tunnel camp with an experienced tunnel coach.

Raw truth #3 is it costs a lot of money to get good, but it's truly worth it.

Does anyone who has taken my advice about getting RW coaching have any money left to buy food??? Nope.

P.

What Stacy said, I can recommend Pete Allum (sebastian XL) as a great coach, and all round good guy.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

"I will be in the Texas area - so the trip to Florida is handy and hopefully weather will cooperate."

Where in Texas will you be, there are a lot of DZ.com people from Texas that could hook you up with suitable coaches.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I will be in Kingwood Texas, just north of Houston. Fairly new to Texas, but last year I jumped at Skydive Houston, great people & good jumping. I enjoyed my time there - but don't know a lot of the skydiving community yet. I only get home about 6 weeks year - working in Saudi - for that early retirement.
phat, dumb & happy

[reply - so the trip to Florida is handy and hopefully weather will cooperate. Thanks again.

well, the tunnel runs regardless of weather for the most part, I've only seen it shut down once for bad weather (it was raining really hard in there:)

From what I have heard if you can get Rob Laidlaw to coach you its the best. You can find him at skydiveU in Deland if am not mistaken.

Some will disagree and some will agree, but try the skydive university programs some of the programs include tunnel which is a very good tool for learning (never been there but thats what I have heard).

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

"Fairly new to Texas, but last year I jumped at Skydive Houston, great people & good jumping."

That was my impression of all Texas jumpers I met.

For RW there is a very strong scene at Spaceland south of Houston (about 30 minutes from downtown).

RW people there from the forums are:- Jumperconway, Antimike, Jumperpaula. There are some very good RW load organisers there, and some very good competition teams based there. Its the home DZ of Jack Berke, and Tom Jenkins who have cosmic reputations in RW circles....

www.skydivespaceland,com

If you fancy meeting some other good people, Aggiedave is at a DZ on the north side..Skydive Aggieland, its a Cessna DZ, but I'm sure Dave will introduce you to some people you can train / have fun with....

If you need a break from H-town, I can recommend San Marcos, about 2 1/2 hours to the west, near San Antonio, I don't know about the quality of RW jumping out there, but the local freefliers are very good, and its another very friendly place..
--------------------

Thanks nacmacfeegle, I definetly plan on getting to Skydive Spaceland and San Marcos. In fact a friend of mine owns a ranch that borders the DZ at San Marcos and has promised a few cold beers waiting on his porch - I just might have to make an off-dz landing for that - real beer is a little scarce overhere.
Once again thanks for the info.
phat, dumb & happy