1. February 1st       Skydive Arizona
2. April 5th              Skydive Elsinore
3. May 3rd               Skydive Arizona
4. June 14th           Perris Valley Skydiving
5. July 19th             Skydive Elsinore
6. August 23          Perris Valley Skydiving

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm thinking a number of folks had a bit of input.

You'll notice that all the dates are now on Saturdays too.!

Yep, I got that e-mail about the changes weeks ago and was -really- happy to see the changes. Both the delay in the start date by a month and AZ's change back to Saturdays.

Yeah, it was a nice thought to have an Airspeed coaching day on Saturday and then the SSL competition on Sunday when in Eloy. However, alot of us really appreciate the 'recovery' day to travel back home after a meet. -Plus- what about the weather day? Would they delay a meet until Monday then, if there was rain/clouds on Sunday? :S (not that AZ ever has bad weather.;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I -hope- not. I have other commitments on that weekend (and dontcha know it's -all- about -me-). ;)

I -don't- make up the schedule. I only am reporting it here for the people that had seen the previous (hideous) schedule and would like to be updated on this (much better) one. This schedule has been out since the 18th, but I myself only saw it last night (27th), so I'm guessing that there are a few others that need to be updated as well.

I understand that -traditionally-, in the southwest at least, the Valentines Money Meet was the start of the 4-way season, but over the last few years that's been kind of thrown out the window as far as SSL goes.

quade -

Nope, not this year.

They wanted the AZ meets to coincide with the Airspeed skills camps.

Just a side note...there will be teams in those AZ SSL meets who will be competing with an Airspeed member as their fourth...that's part of the whole skills camp thing now. You bring two teammates/buddies to the camp, then the last day you compete with an Airpseed person as your fourth.

I certainly hope those teams decide to compete as guests.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

HA remember, it's handicapped, so that team will have to take the airspeed average into the meet!

That's true!

When, back in January 2001, I attended an Airspeed Advanced Skills Camp, the last day of the Camp (Jan 21) was coincident with the SSL Meet 1 (http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2001/ssl/meet1/index.htm).

My team at that competition was "Faca Mole" (the portuguese words to mean "soft knife"... sounding differently in US), Team 205 at the Intermediate Class (all the Campers entered this Class), composed by myself (as Point), Dan BC (OC), José Candeias (IC) and John Appleton (tail).

They took in account our best averages up to that date... mine was a 7, José was an 8. John was something like a 12 and Dan BC a 20... our team's handicap came out a 1.13.

Our raw average at that 6 round Meet was a 14.3 (partials were 10-17-13-10-12-24), which has became a 16.2 w/ Handicap.

A photo of the team at the closing ceremony (except Dan BC who has left earlier) is available at http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/images/Faca_Mole.jpg. From left to right: José Candeias, myself and John Appleton.

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

HA remember, it's handicapped, so that team will have to take the airspeed average into the meet!

Actually, I believe that Eric has been in conference with Kurt about a new handicapping system for this year.

Seems that any new team will compete for the first 3 rounds and then their average will be measured against the 'top' team for that meet. The handicap will be determined then and applied to all rounds for the meet.

Now, if that same team competes together for any subsequent meets, they take their handicap score with them.

I tried to get on the SSL's new chat page to bring the exact quote here but it seems to be down tonight.

When it comes up again, look at: SSL Chat Page

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I haven't done any actual math to back this up, but it seems like you could still screw around quite a bit with this system.

All you really have to do is sandbag the first three rounds of the first meet -- or better yet, have your camera flyer do it for you, that way you can publicly blame it on him while maintaining an air of respectability for yourself. You wouldn't even have to let the camera flyer in on the gag. Get a low-time camera flyer, screw him with the count and then fire him after the first meet.

Geeze, if only I could use my powers for good instead of evil. ;)

I really think it would be far better to just reorganize the classes and do away with handicaps altogether.

quade -