ltdiver

Tailgate Training

Well, the "Tailgates for Nationals" thread brings up an interesting dilemma. Just how many DZ's have the luxury of a tailgate aircraft that teams could train from this season? Or have a DZ close enough to make driving the distance worth it?

Only ones I can think of (this late at night) are:
1)Perris
2)Eloy
3)CSS
4)? Add to the list...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Deland
Crosskeys
Xenia has one of the CSS's pretty much all summer long.
Lake Wales has one or 2 Casa's all winter

A lot of the CSS Casas travel so you can usually catch one at a dz near you a couple times a year for quick practice.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Lake Wales will have some of CSS Casa's this season.
Raford NC has a 100 series Casa....It is not owned by the drop zone, but it sometimes flies there.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This is a good start....Notice, however, that the tailgate aircraft seem to be located at the 'coastal' DZ's?

Does any of the 'inland' DZ's have tailgate aircraft during the training season?

1) Perris
2) Eloy
3) CSS
4) CGC (which on is this?)
5) Deland
6) Crosskeys
7) Xenia (from CCS)
8) Lake Wales (from CCS)
9) Sebastian (from CK)
10) Raford (sometimes)
11) ? Continue adding....

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

This is a good start....Notice, however, that the tailgate aircraft seem to be located at the 'coastal' DZ's?

Does any of the 'inland' DZ's have tailgate aircraft during the training season?

1) Perris
2) Eloy
3) CSS
4) CGC (which on is this?)
5) Deland
6) Crosskeys
7) Xenia (from CCS)
8) Lake Wales (from CCS)
9) Sebastian (from CK)
10) Raford (sometimes)
11) ? Continue adding....

ltdiver

I understand Eloy has a nice beach, but to call it coastal?;) Isn't there a tailgate that flies in Ohio in the summer? and there's always the WFFC. Seems like Fayards planes are always doing a Casa boogie during the "on" season.

WFFC has usually 3-4 tailgates for 10 days straight, not including the C-130 or other speciality planes.

And the closest Ohio is to the Ocean is about 9 hours :P I'm not seeing any in the western part of the midwest that has one, but then turbines are hard to find some times in that area too.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

To clarify a bit: Raeford has a beautiful (but slow) 100 series CASA 212, but it is normally only used for military contract and during boogies. Gene Paul Thacker keeps control over that airplane and our super otter (Bravo Sierra) as part of his separate business, Raeford Aviation. Our other otter (Papa Mike) is our regular jump plane. There are plenty of occasions where both the otters fly, but the CASA is a pig in my opinion. Our USASOC CASA (a 300 series) flies out at Raeford at least three days a week, so I jump that thing all the time. Should there be a need for tailgate training at a meet, our Raeford CASA would be in the air for that purpose on a regular basis.

Chuck