PhreeZone

Tailgates for nationals?

I was wondering others opinions of this option for next years Nationals. Since CSS and Lake Wales are teamed up from the ownership side... that means the Casa's have a shot at being the jump plane of choice from the DZ stand point.

Does anyone think this is possible or will it be the Otters like normal? If it is anounced as the plane will it change your teams training schedule at all?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I would -certainly- hope this would be announced at the beginning of the season (say by mid-January) because it would totally blow to train in a Twin Otter all season only to be "treated" to tailgate exits for Nationals.

It's totally -allowable- in the rules, but it would TOTALLY BLOW.

On the other hand, it would probably make my personal exit strategy a lot easier. ;)

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I was wondering others opinions of this option for next years Nationals. Since CSS and Lake Wales are teamed up from the ownership side... that means the Casa's have a shot at being the jump plane of choice from the DZ stand point.

Does anyone think this is possible or will it be the Otters like normal? If it is anounced as the plane will it change your teams training schedule at all?

I believe the jump plane has been declared already as the otter. (CSS has those too). If they did go tailgate, it's not as much a stretch to go to that exit as, let's say, the porter :)

On the other hand, it would probably make my personal exit strategy a lot easier. ;)

Oh the pleasures of having a tailgate at Perris, huh!:)
btw, since when has the tailgate been your favorite style for competitve 4-way exits?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

btw, since when has the tailgate been your favorite style for competitve 4-way exits?

I never said that. I just said it would make my strategy -easier- ('cause like, there ain't no choices involved -- dig?).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I never said that. I just said it would make my strategy -easier- ('cause like, there ain't no choices involved -- dig?).

Sorry, did I forget the ;) face?:$

Got some beautiful video of the World Games '97 when they exited out of the Mi8 helicopter. Looks awesome!

Think they'd dare bring tailgates to our Nat's when alot of the DZ's in which teams train wouldn't have access to them?

What there's Perris, Eloy, CSS....wonder just -how- many DZ's sport CASA's and SkyVans.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

>What there's Perris, Eloy, CSS....wonder just -how- many DZ's sport CASA's and SkyVans.

Deland, Crosskeys... there are a lot of them out there. And its just like the teams that have a 182, 206 or even a King Air as their normal plane... you learn to adapt quickly or you go to practice early.;)

How much resistance would the average person have if it was tailgates for most the jumps? 4 way, 8 way, 10 way just for you Prof ;), 16 and even the artistic stuff?

Besides... I've got only about 20 Otter jumps and 325 tailgate... can you tell what I'm hoping for?

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

How much resistance would the average person have if it was tailgates for
most the jumps? 4 way, 8 way, 10 way just for you Prof , 16 and even
the artistic stuff?

Too lazy to look it up, but I believe the 10-way rules specify a side door.:)

How much resistance would the average person have if it was tailgates for most the jumps? 4 way, 8 way, 10 way just for you Prof ;), 16 and even the artistic stuff?

otter...nothing like looking up at a sweet 8-way exit locked out on the hill...when it works. ;)

arlo:ph34r:

otter...nothing like looking up at a sweet 8-way exit locked out on the hill...when it works. ;)

arlo:ph34r:

HAHHAHAHAHA very funny.... the ONE dive that we wanted to get off the otter.... oh well one of these days:)

I would -certainly- hope this would be announced at the beginning of the season (say by mid-January) because it would totally blow to train in a Twin Otter all season only to be "treated" to tailgate exits for Nationals.

wait to see the next World meet with the RIGHT side door :P