MyUserID

What's it called??

I've only seen RW guys do this postion. Bascially, they are vertical and sitting on their knees. Anybody know what I am talking about?? What is that called? How does one get into that position?

------------------------------------------------------

Remember kids, eagles may soar, but at least weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.

I've only seen RW guys do this postion. Bascially, they are vertical and sitting on their knees. Anybody know what I am talking about?? What is that called? How does one get into that position?

Airspeed did a beautiful 10-way formation knee-fly during the 10-way speed competition at Nationals this year (after the regulation 5 second hold of the required formation). I expect it will be on Omniskore's nationals video.

yeah, we do alot of knee-flying in the tunnel. It's pretty cool-ass. First person I saw do it in freefall was Pete Allum after doing a 2-way with him. I can remember seeing him start knee flying and that was all she wrote. Too, it's easy to do in the tunnel after doing 4-way...no suit change needed. It's slower flying than sitting, and you can still do cool stuff like behind the back and whatnot.

blues,
arlo

Tried knee flying today. I was wearing my normal RW bootie suit. It was very easy to get into the "kneel" and hold it, and turns weren't too bad either. I was solo, so I have no idea if I was backsliding etc., not did I have any reference for fall rate control. I thought it was easier than sitflying.

I thought it was easier than sitflying.

It's a lot easier then sit flying but almost as mobile as a sit fly. However it is harder to control your vertical speeds.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

First time I saw knee flying was several years ago.....There was an artical in Parachutist about ti from Dale Stewart I think.....

The first time I saw it in person was in the Bragg tunnel with the Knights. Kurt was doing it, and I thought it was very cool.

Now I do it all the time in the skyVenture tunnel when I am coaching and waiting for the next student.

It is a lot of fun, although I have not done it in freefall yet....to busy training.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334