harro

understanding dive sheets

I have got my intermediate dive sheet for 2002. Its the first one I have looked at and Im having issues understanding what some of the symbols mean.

On some of the pictures heads there is a '+' symbol and others there is either a Diamond, square or circle.

What does it all mean Bazil ???
Jumpy Jumpy??

The symbols are used to mark individual jumpers. In attached example, after inter, jumper C must take grips on jumper A. If A goes to B and B takes grips on him, it's a bust.

(edited to add:)
Likewise it is not allowed, after inter, for jumper A to take the sidebody grip on jumper C. Jumper C must take the grip.

Did this make any sense to you?

Erno

sidebuddies.gif

Yeah...what he said.

Sometimes it's really hard to understand exactly where you'll end up at the close of a block unless you actually get together and walk the block or random.

Maybe now that you have the dive pool in hand, you could ask around the DZ or hire a caoch for one weekend, just to show you what everything looks like.

And don't worry, get a few training camps under your belt, and those formations will be like second nature. It just takes practice.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Pay special attention to the little arrows. Sometimes one or both pieces have to turn in a particular direction.
If you don't pay attention, you wind up wondering why you scored only 5 when you know damn well it was at LEAST a 10 point skydive. :$
Have Fun.
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock