steve1

Jerry Bird

I was wondering what Jerry Bird is up to these days. He was the king of skydiving back in the 70's. I was just getting started in the sport when he brought his team, Jerry Bird's All Stars, to our jump meet in Montana. I heard he is still organizing big ways. I know he took part in the RW record in Thailand. I also heard that he tried starting a jump center in Florida, but things didn't work out. He used to be based in California back in the olden days. I'm just curious what he's doing now. You have to admire the guy. Steve1

As far as I know he is still organizing and jumping. I'm pretty sure he was at Richmond this year- I know he was there last year. What a guy! He sees everything when he's orgainzing.

If you haven't had the pleasure, its a real treat to jump with him.

maura

Jerry is doing some organizing at Skydive Monroe in Monroe Georgia, this weekend, Sept 28-29, at their CASA boogie and he is slated to be doing some organinzing at my home DZ's Havest Moon Boogie in St. George, South Carolina Oct 11-13. And the last time I talked with him , almost a year ago he had something like 12,000 jumps and also goes by the name of Ave Rodriguez...

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle