steve1

Lost Prairie 2002

I just got back from Lost Prairie. It was fun but in many ways it was a humbling experience. I arrived there thinking I was really hot and could still jump with the big boys, but I soon found out that I had a lot to learn. The first thing I did was bluff my way onto some of Mad John's 20-way loads. I was never kicked off but there was one jump when I should have been. He's a nice guy and let me continue jumping with them. On two of these loads I jumped with Bill Von. It's a real treat to be able to jump with people of his caliber. Bill spent much of his time organizing state record attempts. The women got theirs with a 32 way. The first 60 way was almost complete with only two with incomplete grips. More record attempts were scheduled for yesterday and today. I ran into a guy who was wearing a Dropzone.com t-shirt. It was Sebazz 1. He's truly a nice guy. I jumped with him on at least one bigger way and a 4-way load. I also talked briefly with SkyKat. Derrick was also there. The Pop's record attempt was also taking place this weekend. I'm not sure how it turned out. I was able to get a lot of attention and short lived respect by bragging about how I was once in the Montana State Record with B J Worth back in the olden days. But then there's always the inevitable question...."How many people were in it?" Uncle Steve..... I don't know why everyone starts to snicker or frown when I tell them 15 back in 75. At any rate I can't wait to return to Lost Prairie next year. One word of advice, though. Don't camp close to the bar. You won't get much sleep with all the hollering, screaming, and fireworks.

Paula girl you have to do formation loads, last one out of the plane, dive down wait for your slot to build, swoop in, look towards the center and see everyone there, check your alti. 7.5.....Damn we should have planned another point. Look down....is that the same valley we left from??? Track away, pull....holy shit, we did it....kick legs, scream, only women under canopy with you doing the same thing... Totally cool feeling.

Btw....the joke going around after that is that women are to polite under canopy, per Brian Germain "I swear it's like you could hear them saying, excuse me, pardon me, mind if I pass you, sorry didn't mean to get in front of you..."
Fly it like you stole it!

Paula girl you have to do formation loads, last one out of the plane, dive down wait for your slot to build,

I know, I know. I did 25 ways from CASA's, had two Otters at my home DZ for all summer and still have no formation load. It's like ...virginity. You wanna save it for something special, then one day , you say.....screw it. :)

Btw....the joke going around after that is that women are to polite under canopy, per Brian Germain "I swear it's like you could hear them saying, excuse me, pardon me, mind if I pass you, sorry didn't mean to get in front of you..."

ROTFLMFAO
Gez that is classic!

And we are polite under canopy, and in dirt dives, and in the plane....chicks rock!

>Paula girl you have to do formation loads, last one out of the
>plane, dive down wait for your slot to build, swoop in, look towards
> the center and see everyone there,

I had a great slot on the 60-ways (which isn't a suprise since I chose the slots for that part of the dive.) I was first diver out of the left trail, and my job was to go as fast as humanly possible to the base and dock there. Twice I got out and managed to get to the base before even Anita, who was one of the first people out of the Skyvan. It's an eerie feeling to be in the door, no idea where the base is going to be exactly, then have to exit, find the base, go to full speed right away in whatever mode you need to be in (floating? diving? straight track?) and then stop before you cut anyone from the trail plane off.

Steve my friend you forgot to mention our 43 point four way;) If only that video didn't mal we'd be record holders:D Actually that nine point throw together goof off 4way we did was one of the highlights of my trip to LP........Thank you:)
And yes I camped way on top of the hill. Made for long walks but quiet nights.

It was Sebazz 1. He's truly a nice guy.

Please don't spread nasty rumors about me.;)

If anyone has a chance to meet Steve1 ask to take a look at some of his pictures. Steve has been jumping longer than most of us have been alive:)

Sebazz, thanks for all the compliments. Actually I have lots to learn before I can jump with Mad John on a regular basis. That four way was exceptional for me. Loads of fun. I hope you can make it again next year.

SkyKat, glad you were in that 32 way. It was inspiring to watch all you good looking girls, geared up, boarding the aircraft.....with smiles on your faces and courage in your hearts. See you there next year. Steve1