skyodissey

flare out

If your traking as fast as you can go, you'll already be de-arched.

The quikest most efficient way to kill the speed at the end of a track I find is to be very aggressive about it, but work your way to that.

I usually do all this in 1 quick motion:
- Bring arms forward and cross then to wave off
- de-arch even more, really cupping as mush air as you can
- bend knees to bring your heels on you ass

After that, go to box man and deploy.

I use up about 1 second for that.

This is a quick aggressive move designed to minimize the time you spend in it, leaving the max amount of time for tracking. Obviously, you want to work your way to this, as any quick aggressive move needs some practice to control it. Also, you will find out, for your style and body type, how long you need to take to slow down enough and keep awareness of the air below you.

If you get lazy at any one of these componants (de-arch, arms in front or knees bent) you may get slamed
Remster

I'm with Remster, except that I do it simpler:
Relax in a boxman for about 2 secs.
Wave
Dump

I've had 2 or 3 hard openings and they are due to pulling while not having bled off my forward momentum.

But pull time is pull time.

I'll be annoying and comment on your post wlie...

what you do is fine for slowing down a average track, when you have time, and when you dont mind loosing that time.

You need to counter the move you made by its opposite for it to stop. Think about forward movement: Start, Coast, stop.

If all you do is relax to a boxman, you will not slow yourslef down (the air resistance will, but you're not helping it any).

If the jumps you're geting into have more and more people and you need all of the tracking you can get, you need to max that track both in speed and time. That means stoping it will require more energy, and you'll want to do that as fast as possible.
Remster

If you're tracking properly your fall rate will be lower than in any other position. A good track can have you going below 90mph (I'm skinny, and on a good day I can get below 80mph according to my Protrak). If your track was good, then during the "flare" you actually speed up.

Trouble is, lots of people don't flat track too well - more of a delta dive position.