Luminous

Ballunar Liftoff !!

http://www.ballunarfestival.com

"Y'all come join us" It's a hoot !!!
For those that haven't heard about this, It's a yearly thing. Lots of hot air balloons, (no luck yet getting a jump from one). Jumping into Space Center Houston which is pretty cool. Saturday night usually gets wild, and I can't EVEN begin to describe the survivor's dinner Sunday night.
Down sides? mmmm... it's usually HOT and HUMID. waiting at Ellington field for an hour before a jump. That's about it.
See you there?

[:/] I'm not sure that Ballunar is open to fun jumpers. It was not last year and this year the entrance form states the event is By Invitation Only. There are 90 slots for 3-30 way teams (Red, White & Blue) that will perform three RW jumps per day. There is also a CReW team. From the email routing I've seen it looks like all the TSL team members are invited with just a few others.

Blue skies,

Jim

OK,
My Mistake.
I had assumed you filled out the entrance form and then they decided but that's incorrect. If you personally receive an invite than your good to go.
Can anyone tell me how do I pull my previous post??
Thanks.
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

I got invited last year by simply filling out the "contact us" information for Skydivers on the web page.

Last year we only had about 25 jumpers per team because that's all who registered and were qualfied.

If you are D licensed and qualified to jump 30 ways, I encourge anyone to go to the website and fill in the information and Al Saylor will , Im sure, refer the info to a team captain.

With 90 slots available for this Event, Im sure most anyone who inquires will be sent a pre-registration form.
Some jumpers did get turned away last year, but it never hurts to submit your info for review.

I don't think this is HOUSTON TEAM exclusive. There are lots of names on the list I got that were not team members.

Hey guys, traditionally this event coincides with the Johnson Space Center open house.

I take the kids every year to see NASA. The website doesn't exactly say that this year though.

Anyone know if they are having the open house? If not, I can certainly understand why. You know, you can't even go to the Rocket Park anymore without going though the Disney Spacecenter Houston and riding that damn tran. They have the whole thing chain linked closed.

Jeez Larry 8 whole posts & you screwed up already!! I hope you jump better than that! I don't have an alarm this yr;)

Your lucky I hadn't posted 3 more times, you would have had trouble counting that high, (Jeez Larry, 2 hands and 1 finger...)
And speaking of one finger........ :P
BSBD

Now I understand your alias!;) You even had me singing on the last jump! And I can't sing!!! You did have me worried after the joke about the kids parted hair though...and on a Sunday too.:o Thanks for a great time. RED Rules!

Blue skies,

Jim

You did have me worried after the joke about the kids parted hair though...and on a Sunday too.:o

Did ya hear the one about why the nympo regularly attended mass?
Ask me sometime. (it's also a visual) :P

Pool? What pool? ;) There were 4 or 5 of us who sat through the whole thing. It's funny how if you don't move around a lot people don't even know you're there after several beers, jello shots, etc.

Heard the food fight at the restuarant was a classic!

Blue skies,

Jim