harro

sinking

Hey ya all.
Have just started a 4 way team here in Australia and Im having some issues with being relitive to my team. I can fly flat with the but when it comes to turning, I sink big time.
Any help would be appreciated.B|
Jumpy Jumpy??

Hi.

I used to have the same problem (no matter who I jumped with).

The best solution is rather than thinking so much about turning, think about really keeping eye contact with your opposite. I would do some 180/outfacing drills to work on this, or even just start with 90's. When you're outfacing, you should still be able to see your opposite.

Practice turning 180 and stopping, switching your head, then turning the rest of the way.

If you can maintain that eye contact, you're better able to anticipate fall rate changes. If you still have problems, anticipate the fall rate change before you even break grips.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

>Have just started a 4 way team here in Australia and Im having some
>issues with being relitive to my team. I can fly flat with the but when it
>comes to turning, I sink big time.

It's easy to "fix" fallrates when you're face-to-face with the rest of your team, even if you're holding no grips. I believe that you naturally fall faster than the others, and that you compensate for that when you're flying face-to-face. When you start a turn, you revert your natural fallrate.

A drill I used with my team was star-360-star. After the turn, see if there are any vertical differences, get level, repeat. You should end up low after most of the turns.

Don't try to fly different to change your fallrate, it won't work too well. The solution is that the rest of team wears weights, or that you wear more fabric...

just my 0,02€

Erno

>I can fly flat with the but when it comes to turning, I sink big time.

First step is to never stop flying and maintain fall rate at all times. Many people sink because they do one thing at a time, and when they're turning, they stop dealing with fall rate. Best way to practice this is to do some 2-way or purposely simple 4-way. Also, practice no-grip 2 and 4 ways so you don't rely on "hanging on" for fall rate maintenance.

Second step is to work on _them_. Faster is generally better; when you break to the next point it's going to be better for them to pick up the fall rate than for you to slow it down. Put yourself in a center position for a few dives and make it a rule that you set the fall rate, see if that makes a difference.

If you get to the point where you can stay with them, but have to stay really flat the whole time (and they can't speed up) then it's time to either add weight to them or add fabric to you so you are all in a comfortable range.