BikerBabe

Incredible Weekend

OK, I have to post because I had such a great time this weekend and I need to tell people!

I had a meeting in Phoenix last Friday, so of course I had to stay the weekend and jump. I knew that Saturday was the SSL meet at Eloy, so when I knew I'd be there, I started looking for a pick up team. To make a long story short, I couldn't find one.

I show up at Eloy bright and early Saturday morning, feeling slightly (only slightly, mind you) sorry for myself, and I start pulling out my freefly pants, long-sleeved t-shirt, etc, since I really need to practice that and I didn't realy feel like jumping on the flail dives that day. The team vibe in the hangar was thick enough to cut, and the thought of not being in on it pushed me to the dark side.

So there I am, looking around the hangar, when Ken and Stacie from Marana walk in. Now, they seem very familiar to me, so me being the outgoing person that I am, asked them if we'd met before. Turns out we had, and then I asked them if they were here for the meet. When they said they couldn't find 2 others to come with them, I pounced! So now we had 3, and only needed a 4th and a videographer. Time to make an announcement over manifest!

As soon as the announcement was made, Ash very kindly offered to video, and Dusty from AZ Flight Force said he would be our fourth. Yay! I put together a team! Since I was the only one with any competition 4-way experience, we decided the A class was the way to go. So we registered as "Last Minute", grabbed the draw, and started planning!

OK, so we were no Airspeed, and there was some definite flailing going on, but I'll tell you, a 17 raw score for a 6-round meet is not bad for 4 people who have never jumped together before, 1 who had 200 jumps, and one who is a freeflyer (albeit a damned good one).

But the score didn't matter. The best thing was sitting in the plane on round six and hearing a freeflyer scream "4-way ROCKS!" and hearing the other two tell me that this was the most fun they'd had skydiving in a long time. Watching Dusty's reaction as Ted scored our 5-point round 3 (19-6). He brought the hangar to a standstill with his enthusiasm. What a blast!

As for me, I got to fly point, which I rarely do, and it was good experience. Also, seeing my "teammate" with just over 200 jumps fly into the base (rather quickly) of a 31-way formaton load was pretty cool.

And the 8-ways I did the next day with some of the other competitors were a blast, as well.

I love this sport!

Thanks for indulging me...how was everyone else's weekend?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Although I only got 2 jumps in, I had a great weekend too. drove up to the deland area friday, since it is a 3.5 hour drive for me... got a good 9 hours sleep, bright and early @ deland for creeping..

Unfortunately that is all we got to do on Sat!!! The meet got called early in the afternoon, so I got to hang around and get to know my teammates better (first weekend with them)- then we got a brilliant idea to head to the tunnel... booked a half hour for later.

despite not getting to jump that day, the tunnel was great! we flew 30 mins of 4way in there, starting with just randoms, moving to some blocks. started with the cat and acc block, went well, moved to buddies-buddies. that went well too , so we tried stardian. first few were a bit interesting. I got pounded a few times, but we finally got it.

Sunday morning looked better, we got in 2 rounds before the rain came back. Deland was a giant swoop pond after all the rain. Mono exit was a bit sketchy, but everything else was pretty good. All in all I got to meet and do a little training stuff with some really cool people. ;)
4Way Rocks!!!

I had my FIRST (beer...) friend come out Saturday to do a tandem. 4 years in the freakin sport and finally I have one friend show up. I rode in the plane and did a hop n pop -

Did one 6 way, it was supposed to be a chick way, but we grabbed John Lee at the last minute and made it a chick dive with John Lee. He was in the back of all the zippers and loving the view. B|

;) Yeah it was a fantastic weekend, Our team of which we are still looking for a 4th, went to Lapalisse in France for training as well as coaching and fun Jumping, A great DZ for any of those who have not been there yet, the weather was great, Good FS, Freefly etc. For any of you in the UK, Try Lapalisse, you wont be sorry. I managed 30 jumps in 4 days, not bad hey ! certainly more than what I could ever dream of doing in the U.K. in a weekend.

Blue Skies
Dale

"The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival." - safe swoops -

MY DZ

Dale, you wouldn't happen to be jumping with Christy, AKA "Killer", would you?

Just wondering, because I know she took her 3-person 4-way team to France this weekend...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Hey Bikerbabe

Yip you have hit the nail on the head, Myself, Christy and Rick. It was a great weekend, lots of jumping, something we dont get much of in the U.K. cause of the shitty weather.

Blue Skies
Dale

"The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival." - safe swoops -

MY DZ

yeah... Lapalisse is an awsome DZ.... If you can, try and make it for the Espace Boogie there in August.... its not the Espace of olds with the huge planes, but IMHO its THE boogie where you'll do the best skydives if you're into larger formations (wether RW or FF)...
Remster