ChromeBoy

How Many Points?

While completing different dives what would you consider to be the beginner / moderate / experienced levels by number of points turned? I know it really helps to have more experienced jumpers with you but lets say that you are jumping with the people who have the same skill levels on each dive.
2 Way
Beginner:
Moderate:
Experienced:
4 Way
Beginner:
Moderate:
Experienced:
8 Way
Beginner:
Moderate:
Experienced:
Blue Happiness Stuff,
Chrome

Ok, let's assume you mean a normal skydive at these levels.
You might want to go to http://www.OmniSkore.com/comp/2001/nats/2001_nats.htm and take a look at some of the scores.
Ok, this isn't a perfect science, but should give you some idea about what people can do at different levels. You'll have to understand a bit about the rules to completely understand what's going on. For instance, in 4-way the "working time" is only 35 seconds, so if you're used to skydives from 12.5 to 4 then some of these might seem a little low on points for the "intermediates", but if you realize that these are jumps from 10.5 and only the first 35 seconds count, well, it begins to make sense.
8-way is from 12.5 and 50 seconds.
quade
http://futurecam.com

Everything depends also on the formations used and how long is the sequence. Turning Accordians from left to right in 2way is much easier than using 5 different formations, where you have a lot of head switches etc.
Some students asked for some interesting dives for 2way and 3way, here are some ideas...
2way #1
2way #2
3way #1
3way #2
The last one shows how one coach can teach forward-backward movements to one student and more advanced moves for the other one. :)
I have never tried that one :P
Peedu

I am definately a beginner, and here are a couple of the higher point number dives that I have done. Both were with people much more experienced than I and both consisted of a 3 or 4 point set repeated as many times as possible until break off, from 13,500.
10 point 2 way - "round", sidebody on me, sidebody on my other side, fly a circle around him back to a round, etc.
14 point 4 way - stairstep diamond, round, donut one way, donut the other way, back to stairstep diamond, etc...
I had about 70 some jumps for the 2 way and just under 100 for the 4 way, and am still learning to fly a slot without sliding away from the formation or taking too long to get grips on a point.
:)This isn't the Cajun Chicken sandwich...

4 Way
Beginner:

Tough question cause even this can vary. Beginners will start out inconsistent even in one day from dive to dive. They may backslide alot on one jump, then stop the backsliding but go low on the next. Most of the time with a jumper under 50 jumps, we should be able to get 4 to 7 points with anyone on a simple skydive-if we don't give them a lot of flying. The more flying required, and the more work the beginner does, then slow is fast and you don't expect to turn as many points ....just make a smooth jump.
For 4 way, check the NSL website. It lists all the scores from all the meets in all divisions.
GO on GO, and Present