drenaline

Any cool dive this weekend?

It felt so great that I need to share it with others.
Yesterday made a 2-way with my coach, practiced some stuff, it was great!
Formation was a compressed accordion, switching from left wrist to right wrist, with downward docking after each point.
11.5K fts. count started "HUT! READY, SET GO!!!" coach went out, I waited 1/2 -1 sec as instructed, then I made an almost perfect dive exit, the chase started, legs extended, arched to go down, eye contact all the way, getting closer, 90° right turn, side slide to the left, grabbed his right wrist, Perfect! got a thumbs up from him. Time to switch grip, made a side slide with a 180° turn so I could be in the compress accordion with his left wrist, perfect another thumbs up. I let him go and down he went, I arched more and followed, going to fast! but no, I stoped!(he was surprised he didn't knew I had the skills to stop), grabed the left wrist controlling my levels, saw a smile and another thumbs up. Time to grab the rigth wrist, done, perfect, he arched again and went down with a back slide, I arched and side slide to the left grabed the wrist, another smile, time to switch grips one more time, he went up!! I got away, I went a lil up and then he came down, I slide and grabbed the grip (left wrist), one last double thumbs up! perfect! Break Off! he waved good bye (4k fts), turn in point 180° from center of formation and started the track, Damn I got nervous made something horrible, wait calm, legs down, shoulders down, bring the arms to the sides and back, YES! track 3sec. look up, clear, wave off and WOOHOO!!!! it opened!!! (the snivels finnished at 2.2k), WHAT?!? bad spot! collapse slider and fly to the point, 3 legs entry, 2 stage flare, stand up landing! YES! distance to target 5m (1 month without jumping and a lot of time since my last formation, about 2 months).
6 Points for my third 2-way from 11.5k to 4k fts, the first was a front slide practice 2-way with a coach, and the second was the A license check dive. What you think? is it good or bad?
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

Most of my DZ went to Eloy, but I had 4 pretty cool skydives on Sunday.
I did a 9 way that was a pretty simple dive. Lots of small moves and we got about 10 or 11 points.
Then I jump on a load with a new jumper just off student status. She had 22 jumps. We dirt dived and creeped and door jamed and did it all again. She was a great flyer. We got 9 points on a 4 way. Grant it, she didnt have much flying, but she held stable and tracked straight. These jumps are very rewarding for me.
I finished the day with two 16 ways. Both of them really rocked.
We were doing quad diamonds and and 8 way base with 2 lines of 4 rotating. They were lots of fun. Nice Successful skydives...good exits on both too.
I had a nice day....good openings and good landings on the Stilletto. I think her and I are reaching a middle ground-a truce. :) GO on GO, and Present

Most of my DZ went to Eloy

And I was soooo jealous of them. There was so much talent on the dz at Eloy this weekend. They were doing some incredibly complex, intricate and extremely difficult big dives - and completing them! The videos were awesome to watch.
One that stands out in my memory was an 8 way in-out... surrounded by a 20-something way in-out! And then the 96 ways on Monday - a four way base with 24 way zippers coming off it; it looked like a big X in the sky from the ground.
I, on the other hand, did only two RW jumps this weekend (well, unless you count the four way rodeo attempt as RW ;)). A five way that we managed two points on and a six way "speed star". Both were really fun, more because of who I was jumping with than because they worked well. We even had AggieDave doing RW and liking it!! :)pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

GReat job. Keep working those 2 and 3-way skydives. They usually have a greater success and you keep getting that instant gratification.
I used to love doing a 3-way dive, round, rt-hand doughnut, lt-hand doughnut, 540 doughnut; we would crank the points until we were dizzy/sick at the bottom of the dive. However, it did help with the focus on a very fast skydive.
:::OK, Canopy is Open, No Traffic Around, .. Why are these "Extra" Lines Draping Down??, Damn!

I'm also jealous, alot of our DZ was at Eloy, But like Paula said we had a couple of great Days at Spaceland! If you want to view those 96 way pics go to www.omniskore.com then go to skydiving links, then to brent finleys home page pretty cool shots.

did 19 jumps last weekend, 17 of which were RW. some awesome ones organized by roger (ponce)- on the smaller side which allowed for some cool and fast piece moves. the XL boys were organizing as well, had some pretty nice ones organized by them too. first bikini jump this weekend as well.
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy