Jumperpaula

How was your weekend 5-5

Tell me about your jumps..
4:4:0
I made two jumps at SDH, one with Skycat whose moving, we made a lot of two ways off aff, (cause we're little) and it was really nice to make that one last two way with her. We just screwed off.
I jumped with Ron Mills and Charles at SDH. The organized a nice challenging 3 way. I was proud of my performace. Was float on the 540 donuts, but I already have a 10 pound vest on order (wearing 6 now). That should fix that.
Sunday went to the Spacey place and got on a 8 way. It was a lot of visitors from out of town who came in Saturday for the TSL meet. We funneled the exit but I think we got about 3 points total. Fun dive though, didn't hardly know anyone I was jumping with.
I left the DZ to run an errand and when I got back I was "out of roation" with Mikie (don't you just had being out of rotation?)
He wanted me to go on a 20 way, I said I would if they didn't have anyone else, but I was kinda hopein to keep the small. Well, Im on the 20 way anyway.
Great skydive, nice exit and base build turned 4 points. Turned and tracked, pulled....total malfunction -
Went straight for the silver was under my reserve (according to new protract) at 1300. It was flying like shit...but I was trailing a fully inflated pilot chute. Caught turbulance on landing and hit pretty hard. Hard enought to just wait for someone to check on me. I have a bruised left hip, knee and ankle...good plf, huh!
You should have seen the bridal routing, It was wrapped in a complete circle all the way around the closing loop. There was no way that bag was coming out. I just know undstand how I did that, I've packed that rig the same exact way 400 times.
Good news #1) im sore but ok
Good news#2) It's my 2nd reserve ride, no beer
Good news#3) I apprecticed packing my own reserve, so it was my own save (so to speak)....although Im still buying Bill Lee a bottle.
Ok, enough drama for me for one week....Next
Paula must be on painpills now, she's not herself
Paula must've been drinking Patron. She's not really herself.

10 RW jumps. kickin' 8 ways @ sebastian, up to 16 points with freeflown bases. everything was great all day until vic tracked at 6, ha...
nice 5way where we just did slot changes, had some sweet verticals moving over 2 people.
swooped a pile of sand too, kinda made a mess, but it was neat, kicking it all over. =c)
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

7:0:0
I was playing with the lower experienced groups this weekend. Did an 18 way that built to about 14, a bunch of 9-12 ways that built to 8-10 or so and a fun 21 way with some really good jumpers in honor of my birthday Sunday evening. None of them completed even one point, but that's okay. I set goals for myself on each skydive (clean exit, smooth approach, soft dock) and met those goals on all but one jump. And I got a kiss pass at the bottom of the 21 way :)pull & flare,
lisa
---
On the other hand...you have different fingers

LOL, in a fit of spontaneity, I decided on Friday morning (since my fledgling team is no more) to drive 6 hours to Colorado to see if I could get on a pick up team for the CSL meet at Calhan. So I left Friday night, slept in a hotel in Colorado Springs, and drove to the DZ early Saturday.
Bottom line...There were enough for a pickup team. We only made 3 rounds because of the weather, but it was a nice challenging draw, and I figure I owe 4 cases of beer...my first 4-way competition ever (even though we sucked), first time turning piver-viper, first time successfully launching a snowflake, and first time turning a hammer-hammer as one of the outside people.
Only 3 jumps, but a great weekend!

9 RW jumps: 4: 1
Case was for the first jump at Hinckley.
I did a very cool jump with these two guys from Chicagoland: a completely contactless jump (well, besides the round that we built at the beginning.) It was awesome to just fly the slot without grabbing anything. We did some 360s while the organizer stayed in his spot, and I noticed that I improved on them a bunch! I only dropped a little low on the first one. Woo hoo!
By the way, great idea, Paula!
May not be Mr. Right, but he'll do right now.

7:12:0
Once again the best jump I did was out of the Cessna, though I finally caught my knee on the step. :P Nice bruise but it didn't hurt at the time.
Nice 8-way and a bizarre jump number happened: My 666th. I was amused. I had wanted to do something Evil in commemoration - funnel the skydive and see how many people I could rodeo. But it was also a cool guy named Jeff's 4000th jump so I didn't do what I was planning. The only thing Evil about that jump was the spot.
Last jump of the day was a 12-way and a really good young jumper went low. He was so upset he had left by the time I got into the hangar. Let me make a Public Service Announcement: Funneling skydives happens. Find out what you did wrong so you can work on it. Running off does not help you at all. [/vent] Hell, I had the wrong grip anyway. It went to crap without his help.
Paula, I'm glad you're okay. Congrats on saving your own hide!
-Sandy

Looks like it was a nice weekend for most!
7 jumps (weather came in Sunday afternoon with winds, and low low clouds on Mondai - it was a lonf weekend in England)
the first 4s were 15 ways (and one 14 way) our of the LET 410. Nice jumps. The last jump of the Saturday was a 30 way formation load with the Caravan and LET. We'll call it a 2 point dive (the second point was a roucg and go, and since we're not doing records, lets say it counts! lol)
The next day, we did 2 more formation loads (so 30 ways again). The "engineering" of the dives were not usual....
The Caravan was lead (that part was normal), but the first point was built around a 10 wat star base; and that base was in the caravan (so far, very normal)... but we were the last 10 divers out of that plane..... for those of you who are not too familiar with Caravans, thing Cessna on steroids... if you are last diver, you are very very cramped. You almost have to get on crawling on you knees! And the plane is quite slow on jumprun, so the dives end up veing very steep...
I was second last out with quite a few people not used to that plane in front of me, so the exit got stretched a bit and that gave me some sweeeeeeet swoops.. hehehe.... very fun weekend...
Remster
Muff 914

Did a couple of sits with Tami (she's getting better), one with Scotty (Hybrid 500+1000 for a couple of the sweet young girls there), and heaps of freeflying with the good people over at Pahokee. Jumped with Omri, and Judre from the forums.
Scotty and Tami send both you and Mikey their lurve.....
They almost got me on my belly, but I'm saving that for you Paula............
Cya
D

we had exactly the same malfunction (bridle wrapped around the closing loop) at our dz 2 weeks before..
it was an IAD student`s first jump. got 30 sec of freefall before pulling the reserve. his second jump, a successful IAD with no freefall, was a real disappointment to him..

we had exactly the same malfunction (bridle wrapped around the closing loop) at our dz 2 weeks before..
it was an IAD student`s first jump

Holy Cow, guess that second jump was less dramatic ..
I still don't know how I did that....Im amazed and confused.
Im taking this weekend off jumping , do Mothers Day things instead.
Fly your slot!

Someone is trying to score before someone goes back to scotland...
[DeNiro] You talkin' bout me [/DeNiro]
Hey Paula, you got any Scottish blood in ya? Do ya want some? :)Bwaa Hahaha Rem, I wish.....
Paula was one of the first people I chatted to when I was all alone in the world, and came to Texas way back in Nov. She, AntiMike, and the Carbonezones (all of whom have become very good and dear friends to me) have been trying to get me on my belly ever since. But I've resisted their advances and stayed away from the light. I used to be able to fly my bodacious beer belly around, I've been involved in some big ways in my time, did competition 4 way for a number of years, (and took 4 way coaching from the best in the UK, seb XL, air ecosse, etc), but I promised myself a sabatical into the dark side during my time here, so I don't even have a RW suit with me. I have been freeflying with some of the other regular posters from the forums instead (Zennie, Slappie, Aggiedave, Levin, Trent, Hookit, Ramon, to name but a few...).
It would be nice to do at least one RW jump with my 2D friends before I go back tho.......
I repeat, I'm not trying to pull Paula, its not that I don't fancy her ('cos we all know she's a hottie), I'm simply no competition for the AntiMike.
Cya
D

I used to be able to fly my bodacious beer belly around

Stranger, hangin out at the DZ, doing freefly solos , ask him to jump...., 'I don't belly fly, but thank you so much for askin"
Now he never said he couldn't , just that he didn't.
Then...once you get to know him, the truth unfolds...He IS one of us. He can crank at RW...
We WILL jump together, it's just gonna be a mexican standoff to determine if its my way or your way.

Fly your slot!