Jumperpaula

RW Jumps this week 4-27

I logged on briefly this morning and every forum was packed with new posts. Had a busy Monday myself, and now that I have time to read some threads, not one single post in the RW forum.
Guess no one did RW this week?
Instead of poking around through 100 posts of "how was your weekend?" in Talkback, I just wanna read you guys. So, how were your jumps?
jumps:points turned best jump: cases of beer
I'll start
6:9:1
Still not sure if I owe for the first jump out of our New Otter?
I did a 3 way chick dive with a newly graduated student (about 30 jumps) and a freeflyer (I think Rachel has over 200 but all Freefly) . We turned 9 points. I was very proud.
Sunset 23 way, 3 points :)Next....
Fly Your Slot !

My team, Perris Lightwave, gave coaching at Perris this weekend.
David van Greuningen, Pam Stevens and Brian Johnson were the coaches. Last year David was on PD Blue, Pam was on Perris Cross Connect and Brian was on Touch of Majik. They're all excellent flyers and coaches.
I, of course, shot video.
We had a pretty good turn out with a couple of local teams, but Saturday was clouded over most of the day, so we only got in a few loads - I got four.
Sunday, however, was great!
Because of all the ground coaching, it was a fairly odd (for me) schedule of hurry up and wait. I'd do 2 loads back-to-back, dub and hang out for about 40-60 minutes while they debriefed and briefed the next jump. Still, managed to get in 10 on Sunday.
In addition to this, I -finally- got a chance to jump my new camera suit. The suit came from Tony, but I really didn't care too much for the way the wings were constructed. Our local jump suit guru, Shirley Pelland, does some pretty custom work and we worked out a design that is pretty powerful. So powerful that I'm not really sure I can hold it at full extention for too long! Normally at breakoff I give it a little pop and watch the jumpers drop away -- popping these wings was AMAZING! It seemed as if I just stopped in mid-air as the jumpers fell away (ok, obviously not the actual case!).
We also designed the wings for sit & backflying and I'm really curious how that's going to work out. Didn't have a chance to find out this weekend.
quade
http://futurecam.com

must have been a weekend for skills camps as we gave one to some novice RW folks. much fun, a lot of learning. pretty satisfying. Unfortunately it rained Sunday. But Cross Keys was rockin on Saturday. Next weekend back to team training. Looking forward to it!

5:11:1 (First jump at X-Keys)
Also I possibly owe for my first post, after a couple months of lurking.
Did Jetstream's 4way camp over the weekend, and had a blast. Learned allot about exits, and different ways of leaving the plane, depending on the slot you are flying. Joe, my coach for the weekend was cool, and the other guys came off pretty righteous as well. It would have been nice to do some more jumps, but Sunday's rain ended the camp prematurely.

15:17:0
Great weekend. We had a skills camp (just like everyone else, apparently) with Stephan Lipp from Arizona Vengence. My team, Event Horizon, had some excellent jumps and really started to develop a good team vibe.
The weekend was exhausting, but a ton of fun. I think everyone involved with the camp learned a lot, and I'm incredibly stoked right now about my team. One of the best weekends I've had in a long time.
- Dan G

Hey Mitch -- So you gonna get a rookie team together for the NSL meet in May coming up? If you need any help putting something together, let Joe or myself know. (watching the tapes we saw a few people that would team up well as far as fall rates and skills go).

Absolutely. I am very interested in getting with a team. I have actually been looking since around December, but was not able to put together anything solid at my home DZ (Chambersburg, a great place to skydive). I don't have allot of jumps, but I have got some coaching and some tunnel time, and I spend a borderline obsessive amount of time on NSL's website. I also memorized the intermediate dive pool, since that was the class I wanted to compete in. Anyway, I decided before the camp that I was willing to train at X Keys if I could find some people who were interested in doing a newbie team, and I talked to Michelle who I noticed in her parachutist appearance was interested in putting a team together. Any help you guys could give in terms of hooking me up with some other people would be immensely appreciated, and thanks again for the camp. ( For those of you who don't know, Jetstream did the camp for free, including Dave here who flew up from Florida for it.)
Lastly, JumperPaula, I apologize for hijacking your thread for the purely selfish purpose of finding myself a 4way team. I swear it won't happen again. And in any event, I blame Mr. Weidner.

8:45:1
8 jumps. all RW, from 2 way-12 way.
45 points on a 2 way. broke my personal record! yahoooo!!! most of the jumps this weekend were smaller way coachings for big way skills, ie no grips exits, diving, floating, etc etc. then some 4way with some sebastian-ites, it was sweet flying point again, and we even got the DZO to jump with us several times. DZO is trying to set me up with an advanced team there for next season!!!! rock on.
i believe somewhere in this thread i saw the words "jetstream" and "righteous" used simultaeneously.
laugh laugh here!!!! i've seen the other side of 'em. j/k- great skydivers. lots of fun too. can't wait to see you guys again in may!!!!
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

A most excellent idea Paula!!
2:2:1
The one is for the first jump on my new slip on sleeves, which I bought since I've been falling like a rock lately and I'll likely need them for the upcoming big way camp.
I got to the dz about noon on Sunday and had to pick up my rig (repack, Cypres batts, RSL install) and hook up my main, then I was "off track" with the LO so I didn't get up in the air til about 2. Did a 12 way that wasn't all that hot, but I was happy with my flying - a clean diving exit, a nice approach, a smooth dock, no problem dealing with a really slow fall rate. A couple people went low on that one but the LO keyed the second point anyway and those of us who were there did our job so I'm counting it.
Second jump was a 7 way - note to self - don't expect much on a jump preceded by a five minute dirt dive... Nice exit though. I don't get to be a part of linked exits often so it's cool when I do and they go well.
pull & flare,
lisa
[subliminal msg]My website Go Now[/subliminal msg]

4:15:0
2 Coach jumps w/a woman who really wants to learn. She has 30 jumps; I know all the booties arguements pro and con but booties on a new person = new person zooming around the sky like a sparrow on epinephrine. :P Did I have fun? Oh, hell yeah! The best way to learn is to teach!
2 RW jumps w/ 3 experienced guys and had a blast.
-Sandy

Hey Marsupial!...Great to see you round the keys this weekend (with the ever-patient head at hand ;o). Glad OhhhhJetstreeeeam!'s camp was a good one (despite Sun's rain)... they've been great mentors to rookies like me :o)
Here's my former teammate Eric's email ([email protected])... just in case he might want to team up for some 4-way this year....

*stuff* in general is going pretty well. lemme know when your team is down in sebastian, i'll meet up there. i will be @ Cross Keys memorial weekend, you better be there to get on my 500th!!!! but when you refer to it as "the keys" that to me is south now, marathon, key west.... =c)
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy