SkydiveMonkey

RW in a FF suit?

I have an RW suit, but I tend to fall really quick in it (I'm quite big and the suit is quite tight). How easy would it be for other people to take grips etc on my FF suit? Would it make much difference? I don't do any major RW, just fun jumps.
Danger could be my middle name. But it's Paul. :D

For fun RW, it's no problem. We jump with Zen is his FF suit. The sleeves and legs are baggy enough, I just grab a big handful of fabric for my grip.
If you are doing something like block moves, the grip could slip out of your hand, but simple randoms shouldn't be a problem.
May I suggest wearing your jumpsuit during the dirt dive. That way, people can practice taking the grips on your freefly suit during the dirt dive.
Fly Your Slot !

You know what FF suits look like, right? They look like vintage RW suits, so hell yeah, you can do RW! Infact, I have to jump something like my FF suit for RW due to my fall rate.
Funny note: When I first got my FF suit, I went to the DZ where I did my FJC (which has some old POPs guys and had no FF people at the time) and they commented on how cool my new RW suit looked...:D
A human cannonball, I rise above it all
Up higher then a trapeze, I can fly

I'll frequently use my FF suit for basic RW. My FF suit is baggy enough that people can easily grab it. If yours is tight on you this might be a problem.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Skydive Monkey,
In the olden days everyone had sleeves like those. I would rather take a handfull of jump suit rather than a wrist grip. I think it's harder to loose your grip that way. (especially if the other guy has big wrists. As long as you dirt dive ahead of time so the other guys know what they are dealing with it would probably be fine. While doing relative work with multiple points being turned, grippers on your upper arms and legs would be needed though. Steve

I used to have a really nice RW suit but I use my FF suit for everything now, including RW and working with students. I have much better fall-rate control with my FF suit then with my RW suit and I don't have to fly the suit as much (swoop cords, etc...).
Kris

I jumped with Ms. Rachel in her FF suit this weekend and she had a fantastic range. The lowtimer we were jumping with was pretty floaty at times, then just punched it out when you least expected it. I think the FF suit helped Rachel tremendously. Grips were really no problem at all.
Fly Your Slot !

I tried my new suit out today - The range of fall rates I got in this thing was amazing. Got from 130mph avg. to 110mph avg (SAS). Shoudn't have a problem jumping with anyone now - in my old RW suit it was fall quick or even quicker (no choice!!)
When I grow up, I want to be a post whore