skybytch

Fun RW in SoCal?

Any southern California jumpers into doing some 8-10 way? I'm looking to get a group together to hook up one day per month for 5 jumps or so, Perris or Elsinore or we could alternate dz's, for no real reason other than to have some fun doing RW together on a regular basis. No experience requirement other than feeling comfortable on that size dive, no ego trips, no pressure, not training for competition... I'm thinking it'd be a great way for those of us who live around here to get to know each other better, make some fun skydives, try different things and maybe improve all of our flying skills.
If you're into it let me know. :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

Would you be load organising? If not Jim Wallace is got a loose group that meets on fridays (schedule permiting ). Its about RW fun, DZ safety and just all around good for anyone that wants to have fun and normally wouldn't be competative RW material. Its a lot of fun. Guest jumpers are blown away because they'd never get on a 4-way at home and here we are pumping out 9&11 ways ( granted some are attempts).
Jumpers vary in background and skill levels so its all about helping some new guys and having fun. Give him a call.

Argh I wish... I work M-F, this would have to be on a weekend day.
I'm more into everyone taking turns planning the dives. It's all about all of us learning as much as we can and having a great time while we do it :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

Viking,
Just a suggestion... you should probably do more "small" ways at first. We run a 2 way camp at Elsinore that is aimed to improve basic rw skills, exits, docking, fall-rate, etc. It is free and runs every weekend alternating between Saturday and Sunday. I occaisionally help out and coach the newer jumpers. They will also get the opportunity to jump with Matrix, Adrenaline, and Equinox team members. Get good at the small stuff first, then the big stuff will be a piece of cake.
Shark