rendezvous

frame of refrence for RW drills

Since I'm new to this sport I don't always find people who will be
willing to jump with me to help me out. On those kind of dives I try and practice my drills but the thing is I feel it's not all that helpful unless I have a frame of refrence to compare my movement with. For example when I'm doing my 360 I don't know if I'm sliding or moving too much in the vertical plane. Any good suggestions as to how solo drills can be done effectively.

Sorry but you really need another person to practice. If you have a space ball you could use that but you really need good skills to use one so you need a friend or coach to set the base. After all it is called RELATIVE work.
God bless us and God Bless America
Albatross

>Do not use a space ball. If you dont know if you can turn on the spot, then you dont have the skills to use one.
Agreed. You shouldn't release anything in freefall that you're not sure you can catch, and if you're using it to see if you can fly relative to it, you're probably not going to be able to catch it.
-bill von

I agree, no space ball. Unless your with a AD ballmaster, and even then, I've seen ADs come back without the ball.......(I've seen a 2 foot deep crater in the grass caused by a lost spaceball.) Okay, with that said, I used to use my big black Chey Tahoe as a point of reference in freefall doing solo drills. I would jump, look for my truck, find it, then use it as a point of referernece for 360s. Nothing substitutes another jumper though. Good luck!
"I live to EFS"
Tom