nws01

Spoop or Pit Special

I have only approx. 75 RW jumps and I am not perfect. Because of my weight and lack of a quality suit if I go low I usually can not get back up and have to bail. What are the strengths of the swoop suit compared to other suits with a little more / slower fabric?

If you're having problems going low and know that you have a fast fall rate anyway, I would not recommend a Pit Special - or any other suit that is designed to fit tight or has a nylon front. The Swoop Suit (or equivalent from any other manufacturer) would be the better choice; the heavier fabric and additional wing area will create more drag which is likely what you need.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

weight and height???? I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds (well 195 right now) and can pretty much stay with most people. what I learned way back when is that your taught what in AFF (or similar student program) - arch arch arch!!!!! right? that is usually carried over to after student days. also, ina formation, I'd get so worried about going low, I'd tighten up (and of course arch harder) - a self fullfilling prophesy. so you may wan tot think about pushing your knees down into the wind more and relax. also a polycotten/suplex suit is a good idea - cordura booties also help. lots o drag

6'0, 200 lbs. I really do not have the problem unless I am one of the last in and it is a larger formation. The fall rate is a lot slower. I know flying skills are the most important factor that is why I am going to go through some thorough coach dives with coaches / instructors to fix my problem. My major problem was that it was all fun because I was jumping and it was not competitive for me. However, I am competitive now and want to jump with / be the best.

I am 6'0", 190lbs and I jump a tight Pit suit, here's my .02 cents. I fly a super baggy freefly suit and ocasionally I end up on a chaos RW load organized in the plane, so I get on with y freefly suit intending to freefly and then fly RW with teh freefly suit. A baggy suit will help slow your fall rate, but it alos takes away from your controlabilty in the air. A quick turn in a Pit suit becomes a lumpy turn and tracking tends to be slower in a baggy suit. With that said, it is possible to lean to control your fall rate, and you will as your jump numbers increase. I can match a fall rate with a 110lb girl without her wearing weights, both of us in Pit suits. It can be done, it just takes practice. So, for me, I would go with a Pit suit for optimizing performance in the air, but that is just me. I'm sure tehre a ton of good reasons to go for the a baggier swoop suit, just get as much info as you can. Good luck!
"I live to EFS"
Tom