freebird

Burbles

When in freefall your doing a two way your making eye contact then you begin to float. Your partner sinks.
I tend to float my exit weight is 125. If you see your about to get in someones burble what would be the best way to quickly avoid this. If you know you float what is the best body position to be in. Forgive me for asking such a easy question Im kinda me at this 60 jumps.

Hey come out to SDH sometime, you can do little girl skydiving with Britney and myself. Probably should be able to get Debbie Dodge for a 4th and do some no lead 4ways. :P Then you don't have to worry about floating and getting in someones burble.
btw...What I do if I know I'm going to get in someones burble is get as big as I can, then extend my legs and fly right over them without even touching them, and if I did touch them it's more of a glancing blow that most the time they have said they didn't even know I did.
Kelli

Try and stay relative, IE if your buddy is going low, go with them. Its all about anticipating their movement, and correcting before you have a lot of sky to cover. Easy on 2 ways, harder as the load gets bigger. If they are sliding under you, I used to push my heels up to my lardy ass, and sort of push my hands out in front. This makes me backslide like a bitch and also tips me up so I can keep em in view, also helps protect your face and handles if you are gonna end up all over each other.
Of course, this was a while ago for me, as I've since ripped the grippers off my RW suits and discovered true 3D flying......on the dark side.

Its all about anticipating their movement, and correcting before you have a lot of sky to cover.

So true, it wouldn't be RW if it wasn't all about falling relative. The rate of fall for all of us - and being more "in tune" with fall rate issues has come a long way in the last few years with the developement of the Pro-Track. Now, we can measure and have averages- and know if formations are falling fast or slow. If you don't already have one, add to your wish list. If your goal is to fall faster, you will need to know how fast you fall now and use it to measure improvement.
Another issue would be weights and jumpsuits. 4way team stuff will of course require a faster average fall rate than fun DZ-ways. You will have to experiement and research to find what works for you personally, physically, mentally, and aerodynamically.
As a "floaty' faller, for RW you will really have to increase your mental focus on the "the next point" and "the one after that", if you float between points. You may want to try arching harder just a split second before you release, and pick up grips just slightly low - in other words, staying one step ahead of "floating". Getting "a little up" if you need to will be a lot easier than getting "a little down", so stay a split second ahead of the skydive.
And Skycat.....are you recruiting babes for Ugly Chick Numbers again? Come play at Spacyland...
Fly Your Slot !

If you see your about to get in someones burble what would be the best way to quickly avoid this.

To take a try at your initial question...
You know how when your driving slow and you hit a bump and you really feel it hard, but if you had more speed, you would take that same bump smoother? If your going above or below someone, and there is no possible way to stop or turn, just get out of the bad air as quick as possible. The faster you go through the bad air, the less "bumpy" it will be for you and possibly the other.
Test Score please..?
Fly Your Slot !

>If you see your about to get in someones burble what would be the best way to quickly avoid this.
Do the opposite of what your instincts tell you to do. Stick your arms straight out, towards him. Bring your legs up a little to help you backslide, and you should back away.
If you're about to get "sucked in" sometimes it's better to drive forward hard and pop over him before you get completely sucked down. Make sure you get big as you're doing this (arms back, legs all the way extended, dearch a little) so you compensate for the lesser air in the burble.
-bill von