BikerBabe

Airspeed Skills Camp

I went to the Basic Skills camp in Eloy in Nov. IT WAS AWSOME. I think that i learned more in those 50 jumps than I had in the other 150 that I had. They will show you what it is like to team train, how to debreif and analyze, and most of all how to PEDAL. It is really a great chance to meet people who want to learn and be in an environment that fosters that and the rate that you jump at means that you are in a situation where you can learn optimally. Have fun, bring snacks, and pay a packer, I like Astrid (tell her that Chris recommended her).
God bless us and God Bless America
Albatross

Hmmm...my PM function seems to not be working...
Thanks! I'll probably tent it, but I live in NM, so I'll have my car with me.
I guess the only thing I'm really worried about is my gear! I have ordered a new suit, helmet and audible, but I don't know if they'll come in time (especially the helmet). is a full-face a must? What about the audible?
What are the days like...jump all day every day? is there ever a break? Should I start going to the gym? LOL.
Thanks!

is a full-face a must? What about the audible?

Nope - I did the Airspeed camp 2 years ago with a Gath and goggles.
An audible is good - but definitely not essential, because the other people on your dives will probably have one. You'll know it's time to track when they do (plus you should be looking at your visual alti of course!).

What are the days like...jump all day every day? is there ever a break? Should I start going to the gym?

When I was there we were doing 6 or 7 jumps a day, with wheels-off at 8 a.m. - that's not a very busy day really, especially if you're using a packer (and because of the briefing, dirt-diving, and debriefing, you'll find it difficult to pack for yourself.)
Hope this helps. I though the camp I did was great - learnt huge amounts. You'll have a great time!
Geoff

Hey ! Am also going to the skills camp at the end of Feb - no stopping me now, I bought my flight today.
Verrrrry excited - blue skies, red rocks and loadsa jumping - will be awesome.
See you out there - we may even end up in the same fourway hey !
ps what bike do you ride ??? I'm presently with my lovely 600 Bandit....

STOP! The SV 650 is the bike I was thinking of trading in for - till I remembered I was just another penniless skydiver !
Nice bike.
Anyway, counting the days till the sunshine of Arizona - I went to Spain for New Year and even there the weather was pants and I only got a couple of jumps in. Made up for by the copious lager consumption of course.
see ya there for sure !

Hey there
Well, I was on a combined climbing and jumping holiday with my climbing pardner - we had perfect weather for three days climbing and arrived at Empuria on 31st. Mia got manifested for her tandem and then the wind blew up.....
Then we had a LARGE (as I'm sure you can imagine) New Year at the Surf Inn and we lost our car keys..... which put paid to the next day (my rig in car plus absolutely everything else !!!). The following day I got a couple jumps in and Mia finally did her tandem - through 9000 feet of solid cloud..... less than ideal ! The famed Empuria view very obliterated. But we had a blast anyway!
see you there at Easter ??!!