Sabrekakkonen

Skylark odyssey

Sabrekakkonen

I am condsidering to buy this canopy.
Opinions, pros and cons... please :) And comparsion to other canopies.
Wingloading will be about 1.4-1.5

I've jumped this canopy in 120 (WL ~1.5), 105 (WL ~1.7-1.9) and 100 (WL ~1.8-2.0 depending on the jump I was doing) sizes. It is very similar in flight characteristics to a crossfire2, which I've jumped in 119 and 109 sizes. I did find them to be slightly different though.

The Odyssey dives more than the xfire2, was easier to hold in the dive than the xfire2.
The Odyssey felt like it had more flare power than the xfire2.
The Odyssey was a little, but not much, more responsive to inputs.
Front riser pressure felt similar.
Odyssey openings are not as snivelly as the xfire2, and I found them completely fine for a high performance elliptical. It dances around a lot, but the opening is generally controllable using rears when needed. I would frequently get a 90 off heading opening, but rarely if ever had twists.

Disregard what the above comment says about it being some euro rip off canopy. It is from Europe, and it is similar to an xfire2, but it is not a rip off. It is an awesome canopy, and one I'd pick over the xfire2 every time.

I have not jumped a Katana to compare to that.

They are releasing a new version of it soon - Odyssey EVO - which has a schumann planform, but I know very little about how it compares.

I love the canopy, and is my favourite canopy that I've jumped to date, even though I did fuck up a swoop attempt on it and spent 8 months out injured!!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I've jumped a 115 (1.6:1) (owned it for a while), 110 and I think I jumped a 100 at some point. They're good wings, a little steeper than the Crossfire 2 but don't open as well. I'd vote them a little better an option for swooping that the XF2 and, for the price, they're pretty great. To be honest, if you want to swoop, I think the Katana is a better option. If you want an all around canopy the Crossfire 2 (haven't jumped a 3 yet) is better but, if you're worried about price then I think the Odyssey is pretty good.

odyssey is pretty nice canopy but it it is not reasonable to fly it with 1.4-1.5wl. The best WL for Odyssey is 1.8-1.9. With low wingloading you will not see any differense with semi-elleptical wings like Sabre or Magellan.
I had Skylark Magellan 130, Odyssey 130 (wl 1.6) and Odyssey 120 (wl 1.7-1.8). Ma130 and Od130 flyes almost similar. Od120 with wl1.7 was faster and more agresive. [email protected] is much more interesting wing.

Here is some videos with [email protected]
https://youtu.be/Rze4L31Rwpg
https://youtu.be/yhsOl4Csaaw
https://youtu.be/3BAv89BWkjw

They're totally decent canopies from what I've seen. People say they are a Crossfire2 copy because they look exactly like one. Crossfire2's have a pretty unique nose shape which makes them easy to identify but I don't think the Odyssey is a direct copy.

I'm not a parachute designer and I've only flown Crossfire2's. From what I know I can say what I like about Odyssey's is I know a chick who can't be much over 135 lbs. out the door that flies an Odyssey 150 and has no issues whatsoever. Some would say that's underloading on a Crossfire but Odyssey doesn't seem to mind at all.

...Don't Get Elimated!!

During my downsizing i switched from Katana-107 (1.7) to Odyssey-90 (1.9). Made with it 300+ jumps before going in Velo-79 and Scirocco-77.
Nice canopy, no complain. It's likes to be loaded, so for wingload 1.4-1.5 i would sugest Magelan from Skylark.
It's not ripoff copy of Crossfire2 for sure, for my POV it's good mix of Katana and Crossfire2 :)
Waiting for OdysseyEVO 85/90 to test it :)

I'm flying an Odyssey 100 (bought from Kris (degeneration) ^, in fact). Loading about 1.95 usually. It's a fun canopy, and I'd agree that it's better than an XF2.

It dives a bit more and has slightly more flare power than the XF2. It's not quite a fair comparison because I didn't jump the same size XF2 (129) and Odyssey (100), but I'm really liking the harness response from the Odyssey.

The openings with the stock slider were a little quicker, but not uncomfortably so. After putting a larger removable slider on it, the openings take about as much time as the XF2 but require much more attention. High performance canopy = "high performance" openings.

I also made a lineset out of HMA 400 for my Odyssey, and it's a noticeable step up in performance. Really lets the wing shine.

All Skylark canopies have a partially formed nose, so that isn't enough reason to call an Odyssey a XF2 copy. It's a distinct design and in many ways is a better wing. Luckily, it happens to be less expensive too.

As a bonus, the ZP is polyurethane coated rather than silicon coated, so new wings are a bit easier to pack.