chris.h

Any videos on HK Terminal

I got to do 6 jumps on a 67 terminal HK. I had video of one of the jumps, but I can't seem to find it :-(

The HK is a 9 cell with a stiffer material than ZP, although not the same as the Petra or PI. I believe FW called it FF-30, but don't quote me on that.

As for flight characteristics, it's more similar to a Petra than a Hybrid VK/Leia. The rears are very impressive, even compared to a petra, and it's a bit more rigid as well. I experienced the shutdown as somewhat weaker though. It dives nicer and more eagerly/consistently than a Hybrid VK/Leia.

Openings where nice, but harder to handle than VK/leia/airfwolfs. I hope they kept the multiple brake settings option as well, which seems awesome in a competition setting.

Normal hk's are full sail everything and suited to the comp environment only. Think petra/peregrine... The hk terminal is basically the same wing with some tweaks to make it terminal friendly and more suited to every day use and made out of zp with sail ribs. The airwolf has the option of FT-30 which is kind of in between ZP and sail material, but the HK terminal does not.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Not really my call, and could be an option in the future... The pack volume in one issue i can see right off the bat... the HKT already packs larger being a 9 cell platform... Also, if youre looking for extra performance, get the all sail HK...
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

I own an HKT and a Helix. The Helix is the same class wing as the Leia and Valkyrie. I have a number of jumps on all three wings in that class and found the differences negligible. Recently, I jumped my Helix with a buddy on his Leia, wing loading matched, and we found the two flew together identically. Hope this helps.

I'm working on putting a couple videos together. One of openings (which are great) and one of landings. I use my 67HKT as my daily driver AFF, Tandem video XRW and all the fun stuff in between. I couldn't be happier! Dives like hell and rears forever. I can totally see the pack volume issue for FT-30. She packs bigger them my old 79 velo.