sswain

Fluid Wings

I'm a big fanboy of what FW is doing in the market space and loving how we're seeing them more and more on the podium!

I'd love to hear from anyone flying the Tesla that can speak to the flight characteristics compared to a Katana. I'm wondering if it's a better transition canopy to a x-brace.

I'm also curious if the Helix to AirWolf would be a progression step or straight to AirWolf to get that longer Recovery arc. If anyone can speak to the difference, that would be great.

Any inside/outside vid & FlySight data would be great if anyone has any to post.

Anyways, felt that Fluid needed their own thread vs being tagged at the bottom of a Hybrid VK post.

Blue Skies guys!!!

EvilGenius

I think the category of wings goes more like this...

Category 5
PD: Velocity, Comp Velocity
NZ Aerosports: JVX, JFX
Fluid Wings: Helix, Airwolf

Category 6
PD: Peregrine, Valkyrie
NZ Aerosports: Petra, Leia, Sofia
Fluid Wings: HK, HK Terminal, HS

Fluid wings also have this nice chart http://www.fluidwings.com/wings

Iäd rather put it like this

Category 5
PD: Velocity, Comp Velocity
NZ Aerosports: JVX, JFX
Fluid Wings: ??

Category 6
PD: Valkyrie, Valkyrie Hybrid
NZ Aerosports: Leia, Leia Hybrid
Fluid Wings: Helix, Airwolf

Category 6.5
PD: Peregrine
NZ Aerosports: Petra, Sofia
Fluid Wings: HK, HK Terminal, HS

That's the feeling I had too. It seems to me like FW is lacking an "entry level" crossbraced canopy, like JFX for NZ aerosports.

On a related note, I personally consider the Velo fine as a first crossbraced canopy only if you come from a super aggressive non-crossbraced canopy (ie: Katana).

The missing spots in the progression are coming... Its a new company and it takes time... The helix is not a prerequisite of the airwolf. They are 2 flavors if you will, within the same class.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...