zulu

Griffin 135 Canapy

Does anyone have any experience with a Griffin 135 Canopy? I have one in my rig and getting back into jumping. I have searched for information, but I understand the canopy is no longer in production. Any information would be helpful, thanks!

zulu

piisfish

DO YOU HAVE PICTURES ? who built it ? when ?
Care to share ? I love different stuff :)

I forgot the manufacturer's full name but he ran the old Air Ventures DZ in Rome, GA with his wife, and built the Griffin parachutes. I've only ever seen one in action and yes, it looked weird. The nose wasn't straight like a Sabre or Triathlon, etc. It looked a bit like a delta, with the center cell being the longest and the end cells the shortest. The tail I believe was a straight line.

Sorry Mate, I do not have pictures yet, but I will take some in a few days. I would like to get rid of it simply because it is no longer in production. Collins Griffin, I believe is his name was the manufacture of he canopy. To my understanding he has passed away some time ago and Aeroglide, the name of the company is no longer in business. I had a Sabre 150 and it flew perfect as I loved the two stage flare and it was easy to fly. Now that I am returning back into jumping I would like a Sabre 135 or something similar as I am not sure about the Griffin. I have jumped it a few times, but I do remember not being able to flare it as good as the Sabre. And yes it is weird looking.