1 1
peedeepalmer

VELO openings with RDS

you have to really careful when pulling on the fronts with the brakes set. it moves the lift point back and makes the wing less stable.. maybe a slight tap works, but pull on them and almost every wing on the market will frontal, which makes for an exciting ride.... Ive seen someone break lines pulling on the fronts while trying to get the slider down... I find a nice rear riser flare and then surge snaps it down nicely 95% of the time
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

On 6/30/2015 at 10:25 PM, hokierower said:

After comp 4 at Raeford I did three freefly jumps on my newly relined (500 Vectran) Comp 84 @ 2.6. Three slammer openings and two of them went right into line twists which I was able to kick out of with altitude to spare. Any pointers for packing a Comp for terminal?

I've been using a mixed packing technique. From a local rigger I've been exposing the center cell and doing a fairly aggressive roll of the nose each side behind the center cell, crossing the stabilizers around the nose to hold it all neat and not pushing the nose into the canopy. Then I flake the tail to the outside like seen in Curts comp velo pack video on YouTube. I am new to these level of canopies but I would say 90% of my terminal openings are smooth and progressive.   Packing like this has also given me far less "searchy" openings. 

Ive been using a Thrill inc 25x30 rods(slider only)(the one listed for the CF3/JFX2. 

This is on a VE-111 so take it with a grain of salt. But after all the hard openings I had on my katana(packing it like an AFF student lol) I'm very pleased with how this has been going. 

Let me know if this helps. 

PXL_20220725_181613701.jpg

PXL_20220725_181709440.jpg

PXL_20220725_181742111.jpg