Darkblue

Spectre vs Saphire 2

7 cell vll 9 cell: the safire definately got a better glide due to reduced drag, and because of the icreased speed i find the flare a lot more powerful and easier to stage. definately better landings on the safire, very easy and soft

danielcroft

I don't agree that the landings are better with a safire, it really comes down to learning your wing. Certainly worth a demo to get a feel for how it flies.

Agreed!

Both are nice opening canopies and can be landed well.

Whatever canopy that has seen most abuse, sun, sand and plenty of jumps,will most likely perform worse, no matter if its based on a 7 or 9 cell design, but still fly well enough to land safely and might cost 1/10 the price of a new canopy.

And before you know it you will start thinking: how would a crossfire fit in my rig? and how are the flying characteristics compared my current canopy, and so on...

Ok, better might be the wrong word, i agree. Almost any wing on the market today if flown correctly can be landed in a nice and soft way. My personal opinion is that i prefer a little more forward drive during landing instead of the "sinking in" behaviour, which is very minimal with the spectre at the right wingloading though. The difference here is small, still prefer the safire as i'm also probably more used to it. Put around 300 jumps on mine in the past and always loved it.

Absolut

Ok, better might be the wrong word, i agree. Almost any wing on the market today if flown correctly can be landed in a nice and soft way. My personal opinion is that i prefer a little more forward drive during landing instead of the "sinking in" behaviour, which is very minimal with the spectre at the right wingloading though. The difference here is small, still prefer the safire as i'm also probably more used to it. Put around 300 jumps on mine in the past and always loved it.

Yep! I agree.

Safire2:

Will fly a little bit further at landing before starting to shut down, convert more of the forward speed into lift while still maintaining horizontal flight.

Softer landings with less running involved even at zero wind conditions.

Easier to squeeze out more range when flying tailwind back to the DZ after a long-spot.

Feels more fun to fly.

Spectre:

Gets the job done.