Pablo.Moreno

Weather and openings

Hey guys last Sunday may 24th was kind of interesting.
Did a couple of tandems no issues with the opening.

Now myself and another jumper, both flying a JVX, me at 2.489 and him 2.531 (just check it that day) and we both had terrible openings all day long, we havent done anything different. He does jump a stowless D-bag while I jump the standard Curve D-bag.

For me the openings were all like slammers did a few FF jumps and few FS jumps and it didn't matter.

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/canada/moose-jaw/historic

it was on the Sunday.
Anyone experiencing any type of crappy opening on a specific type of weather?? Didn't hear of anyone else having issues with openings. (well one guy on a pilot 150 had a back cracker opening as well)

3 Weeks ago a buddy of mine throw his JVX 89 away, said he was in a hurry during the packjob. 3 Jumps later on the same weekend he had to chop it again, said he took too long to pack it and was too meticulous. (~17 min) B|:P

I tell you, air gremmlins!!

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

In all honesty , my openings are pretty good (on a normal day) depends mostly on the body position, I have had about 300 jumps now on the JVX and my friend about 3000+ and the openings are as good as it gets with any other canopy, mostly are on heading and pretty soft with crappy opening here and there, but nothing out of this world, as long as you spread your legs and use the front a rear riser at the same time to adjust if there are any turns.
This Sunday thou was steadily bad and it really didn't matter much what we tried.

I've had days like that, sometimes I attribute it to air density/humidity but to be honest, I think mine generally come when my wing packs smaller so I try to be pretty diligent with closing loop when humidity changes have the wing packing differently. IDK, could just be throwing salt over my shoulder here. ;)

Well, for the few of you that might care..
It was the slider, I got lucky on the first few openings, but I got TST RDS Slider and the openings were awful.
Email them and try to pack how they recommend with their slider and beside taking longer to pack it didn't do anything. I switched back to its original slider and it the openings were as awesome as any other day, just like always did (replaced to begin with because the rings were getting worn out by the lines).

Personally I wouldn't recommend the TST RDS on the JVX.

I have also pack the JVX, Velocity, Tandems, Saber 2s, Stilehtos, etc all the same way and I have never had any type of issue.